Letters to him

MOVIE BRUISE Y'ALL

Cole sighed as his eyes bore into the letter resting in front of him. He had been like this for the past hour or so, contemplating on what to do with it.

"I am never having feelings again.", cole groaned picking up the letter only to place it back down once more.

Why exactly cole thought that a sleepover at zane's house was the best place to confess his feelings is unknown, but it was too late to turn back now.

Taking a deep breath cole finally leaned down and began to softly recite the words he had written.

"Jay,

To truly capture my feelings in mere words is nothing less than impossible. To me, you are the sky, the lone beacon that lights up the endless black velvet of above. For while other lights shine and illuminate the stars, you glow through all. You move with the clouds, you move with life. You are blue. To me you are the lightning, the spark that fills the sky with excitement. For while there are stars that glow brighter, you alone grant movement. You move with the thunder, you move with energy. You are electric. If you are the lightning, then I am the earth, and I long for your spark. Even in great distances we are together, independent and connected. You reach down to me from your perch and I cherish your touch, though at times it may pain me. To be so close to you is by far worth the hardships we must endure. You are magnificent, and though I know not of your feelings I know of mine. You alone are my best friend, my sky, and I will always trust you. Being your friend is absolutely amazing and I never want this aspect of our relationship to end. But you are also my lightning, a spark that lies deep in my heart that I had dread to let grow, for I know it will leave me entirely at your control.

-cole"

Despite the fact that the letter was indeed finished, cole had been hesitant to give it to jay.

Upon another few minutes of contemplation, cole scribbled a few more words before folding up the letter and standing.

"P.s. If you don't like me that's cool please just let's stay friends"

Que another half hour of attempting to work up the courage to actually give the letter to jay.

Attempting to steady his breathing, cole walked up to jay and kai's door. Fears flooded his mind of what jay might think of him upon reading the letter, yet cole was a man of his word, and he had told jay that he trusted him with anything.

Hand shaking, cole slipped the letter under the door, praying that jay would find it before kai could. Stepping back, he let out the breathe he had been holding and walked back to his room which he shared with Zane.

Upon opening the door he had found Zane already asleep seeing the lights had been turned off. As Cole stepped through the doorway he felt his foot hit something made of paper. Tentatively he picked it up, about to place it out of his path when he sees what it is.

"To:cole    From:jay   ----this is urgent"

Still leaning on the doorway, Cole tore open the envelope and began to scan the page inside.

"Okay so maybe it's not that urgent, but you're reading this so mission accomplished. Anyway I bet you're probably wondering why I sent you a letter instead of just a text or something. WELL I thought a letter would be more professional, you know? Well I mean not exactly 'professional' but you get what I mean right? Hopefully. God I have no idea what I'm doing. So um, serious talk. I know we're best friends and all, and don't get me wrong I freaking love being your friend I mean you're awesome but like; I think I like you? Like I have no idea how to deal with feelings but I'm pretty certain I have them for you. I don't want this to change anything between us though I love being your friend so much dude. Unless you also want something to change cause I mean I like you ok bye"

It took a few minutes for cole to fully process what he had just read, before bursting into laughter.

All his worrying, all his hesitation had been absolutely pointless.

As his laughing grew louder he hear a door open from across the hall. Turning around to face the sound he saw jay brandishing the letter.

"I can't believe you outdid me!" Jay laughed as cole pulled him into a hug.

"Dude I've been panicking about this all night and then you show up with this causal letter like it's no big deal to confess your feeling!"

"But you wrote freaking poetry! Oh my god like can't you let me have my moment!"

At this point the both of them were on the floor in a fit of laughter, faces bright red.

"Okay" cole coughed attempting to stifle his laughter," then you can ask me out."

"If I must!"Jay wheezed," Cole, will you go out with me, we can hang out or do whatever but like we can do couples stuff."

"Very smooth. Of course I'll go out with you."

The two broke into laughter once more before they were interrupted by a now awake Zane and kai.

"Wow, really happy for you guys and all but like, it's 1 in the morning so go the fuck to bed please" kai remarked, immediately turning back to the room.

"Congratulations" Zane whispered as he too walked away, leaving Cole and jay still on the hallway floor.