7

Namjoon woke up to a frantic knocking on his door; he instinctively reached for his gun, but at the sight of his room his hand fell. He got out of bed, seeing it was 5 am. That was his normal time for him to wake up for school, so he had no clue why the knocking was so frantic. Namjoon opened the door to see Eul.

“Eul, are you okay?” He asked, rubbing his eyes and running his hand through his still damp hair from his shower the night before. Namjoon left his spot at the door as he opened his closet to get dressed.

She looked frustrated as she nodded, “Yes, sir. You just took 15 minutes to answer the door.”

He rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a breathy laugh, “Oh, sorry, Eul. Have you woken up Jin?”

She nodded once more, “As well as Miss Park.”

Namjoon’s eyes widened and hisbhands stopped their action of buttoning his shirt as he remembered the events of last night. “How is she?”

Eul crossed her arms, leaning against the frame of her door. “She’s shaken up, but she’s eating breakfast right now with Mr. Seokjin, which is where you need to be soon.”

He finished buttoning his shirt, putting his tie on quickly. “I’ll be down in 5 minutes.”

With that, his door closed.

Minkee watched at Eul screamed up the stairs at Namjoon, smiling as she could tell Eul was the strong female figure in his life. She felt nostalgic at the sight, remembering when her mother would do the same while banging on her door with one of Minkee’s textbooks. She looked back down to the food Eul made when she heard foot steps descending.

“She does this a lot?” Minkee asked Jin, who looked up with a mouth full of hash brown. He quickly chewed before answering.

“At least once a week. This is the real Eul, by the way. The girl you met last night was the Eul who was expecting Namjoon’s dad to get back. After she realized it wasn’t him, I think she just was more worried about making sure you were alright that she didn’t yell or anything. The way she acted around you, you probably remind her of her daughter.”

Eul walked back into the kitchen, putting food onto a new plate for Namjoon, and taking Jin’s plate and putting more on it. Minkee felt a smile tug at her lips. Eul hit the spatula down on the table as a sign for Namjoon to hurry up. Right after, she turned to Minkee, her face softening.

“Eat up, honey; don’t feel scared to ask for more.” Jin stifled a laugh, but he was immediately shut up as Eul kept talking, “If you don’t, Mr. Seokjin over there will.”

“Hey!”

“Jin, it’s true.” Namjoon told him, placing his book bag on the side of him before he tore into the food in front of him.

That sparked a question for her. Minkee reached into the bag Jin packed for her, searching for her textbooks. When her hand grabbed nothing but school clothes, she couldn’t help her eyes widening. Her head immediately moved down to try and hide it, her hand instinctively moving to putting hash browns into her mouth. However, her attempts to hide the worry didn’t go unnoticed.

The sound of Namjoon’s glass being put down on the table made her eyes shift over to him. His were trained on her, a questioning look swimming through the chocolate brown irises. “You okay?”

Minkee nodded silently.

“Obviously something is bothering you.”

Eul hit her spatula on the counter once more, “You’re scaring the poor girl! Now, honey, you can say what’s wrong. If they put a toe out of line I’ll destroy them.”