You're My Friend

Prompt - :)

xXx

Everyone seemed to dislike Lotor after he came and joined Voltron - or at least started to live alongside with them. Now that Lance thinks about it, dislike seemed like a weak word to use to describe how everyone else treated Lotor.

In a short version Lotor was treated like scum which Lance didn't fully understand. Lotor currently had a bounty over his head. He was either wanted dead or alive but from what Lance heard Lotor was preferably wanted dead.

No one deserved to live like that, knowing that they were treated like scum and knowing that they were wanted dead by their father.

Lance was determined to at least show Lotor some kindness and try to make his stay welcoming despite what his teammates had to say.

xXx

Lotor paced his small room. Could it even be called a room? It was only a bed with a locked door. Sure it was way worse than the room that he had back on his ship but at least he had a room to sleep in so Lotor was thankful for that.

Not to mention it was quiet, no one to bother him over trivial things, no one asked him the secrets the Garla empire which surprised him completely. No one entered his room, not even to give him their tasteless food, they just slid through a tube and bam, Lotor had his food for the day.

Until the Blue Paladin came to visit him.

xXx

It started with a hesitant knock on the door which made Lotor speak for the longest time after being in this room, "Come in."

Lotor was quite surprised when he saw the Blue Paladin holding some of the tasteless green goop that the Alteans called food, "What do you want Paladin? Are you here to get information out of me?"

The Blue Paladin seemed kind of shocked at Lotor's question, "Um no... I just came to bring you your food. I've noticed that when I came to get the dishes you barely ate half."

"I'm not eating that disgusting Altean food."

The Blue Paladin let out a small laugh, "Yea, the space goop is kind of gross but lucky for you I didn't get it from the tube! I actually made myself."

"That doesn't make me want to have it any more. Just leave it here and I'll eat it if I get hungry."

"It's not even Altean food though, I tried to get some sort of Garlan food. It's probably still not good but I felt like you should know what it is." The Paladin just smiled, setting the bowl of food on the dresser. For a moment things seemed serene before Lance's eyes widened. "Oh God, I don't even know what kind of allergies! Oh God, I probably just poisoned you."

Lotor just smiled at the Paladin's worry, "Don't worry Paladin, I'm not what you call 'allergic' to anything. It's been quite sometime since I had someone make me food."

Lance smiled, leaning against the wall and giving Lotor his personal space as he ate. He tried not to watch Lotor's expression, "This is quite good Paladin-"

"Call me Lance please, I don't feel comfortable when people call me 'Paladin', it makes me feel too formal. Like I know that I'm defender of the universe but still. Hearing people say my name makes me feel like that I'm not fighting in a war."

"Lance, you're rambling. Thanks for making me this, it reminds me of my childhood, my mother used to make this a lot so it makes me happy."

Lance smiled warmly before hearing a beep from his wrist, "I got to go Lotor. The Princess wants us for training! I'll see you soon hopefully!"