Wakanda (Part 4)

Wakanda (Part 4)

One Shot #22 (Cont.)

Wanda's POV

Time Skip... A few days later...

   Everyone is where they're supposed to be for the time being. Vision, Natasha, Bruce, Bucky, and a few others have gathered together in Wakanda so we can fight our portion of the battle here. Tony is back in New York with the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, Doctor Strange, and Wong. Meanwhile, a few of the other Avengers like Clint, Thor, and Loki are making their rounds between New York, Space, and Wakanda. Vision is fighting from a secure location and I have his back from the sky. All of us get into battle stance and begin fighting. The fighting goes on for quite some time before a portal randomly opens up in Vision's hiding spot. As it opens, I figure out that it's Thanos and curse repeatedly. Wanda don't panic, just get back to Viz before he gets hurt. I fly down as quickly as possible but it's too late... Thanos already has a tight grip on Vision...

   I immediately begin shooting out hexes from all directions at Thanos, throwing him temporarily off guard, buying me enough time to protect Vision. "Wanda, go! It's not safe for you here." "And you think it's safe for you here Viz? It's even more dangerous for you to face Thanos." Thanos snickers. "That's right little girl." My blood boils and I begin beating the crap out of Thanos, though he hardly seems effected by my attacks. He really is the strongest villain we've ever faced... This isn't looking good... Thanos then does the dreaded and somewhat unthinkable thing, he rips the Infinity Stone out of Vision's head, causing Vision to crumble to the ground instantly. He places it into his gauntlet and disappears with a wicked smile on his face. I panic and call for help. Vision gazes up at me weakly. "W-Wanda, you should have stayed in the air. Y-You could have gotten hurt. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if y-you had." I put a finger to his lips. "Silence Viz, save your strength. You're going to be okay." 

   Vision nods and closes his eyes, quickly slipping into unconscious. A few minutes later, Steve and Bruce (as the Hulk) come running inside. Both of them frown before Hulk scoops up Vision and carries him in his arms while Steve and I try our best to follow him closely. Hulk gets him inside the nearest science lab in the area before shifting back into Bruce, beginning to treat him with the help of a medical doctor. I stand there in horror watching as Vision is disassembled and operated on. Bruce tells us that he won't be himself again until we retrieve the Infinity Stone back from Thanos, but he will survive this. Steve wraps an arm around me and I lean my head on his shoulder, grateful for the small but kind gesture of comfort. "Wanda, Vision will come out of this and we will get the Infinity stone back as well as the rest that Thanos has taken. I know things seem grim right now, but I have hope that they won't stay that way." 

    I look him hesitantly. "Steve, how can you be so sure? Tens of thousands of innocent people have died already. Tens of thousands of more, possibly hundreds of thousands more people will also parish in this war. The odds aren't in our favor. Thano's army outnumbers us Avengers, Guardians, and Agents of Shield." Steve gives me a look of sadness. "I know Wanda, I know." A moment of silence before he goes back out to battle while I stay by Vision's side, getting occasional updates from Bruce and the fellow doctor working on Vision. I try my best to stay strong both inside and out, but fail. All of my walls come crashing down and before I know it, I'm sobbing uncontrollably. 

A couple hours later...

 Bruce comes back over to me with a grim expression on his face. "Wanda, the doctor and I did the best we could. The rest is up to him now. I can't promise you that he's going to snap out of this. His injuries are quite severe and without the Infinity Stone, he's a shell compared to how he normally is." All I do is nod because I don't trust my voice right now. I'm afraid that if I open my mouth to speak, all that will escape it are another round of sobs. "Thank you Bruce." He gives me a polite nod and touch on the shoulder before going back to talk with the doctor who's name I have yet to catch. I close my eyes and pray to the Gods above that Vision comes out of this, we get the Infinity Stone back, and we manage to kill Thanos once and for all. 

Hoped that you guys liked this part of this one shot! I had an amazing birthday yesterday. Thank you everyone for the kind birthday wishes. :) <3 Also, be sure to check out my first P.O. box mail opening video on my Youtube channel attached down below. If you want to send me some mail, let me know. :) -Mary