In Our World, Its Just Another Night

Authors note: I own nothing, obviously, but if I did the Season 3 finally would up VERY differently. And all of the property belongs to their respective owners, and I'm just exploiting the fact Fanfiction exists :D

Edit: This set in the midst of season 1, obviously, way before Barry figured out who the Man in Yellow was and all was still a "baddie of the week" scenario.

I don't usually write fanfics, this thing just came out and didn't stop bugging me until I wrote it.

Okay I gotta end it before this author's note gets way too long, but I hope you enjoy it since its my first one.

-0-

It was just supposed to be a night-off for them but Caitlin should've known better, when it comes to Team Flash no there's no such thing as a night off, just the relative calm before some Metahuman comes along and decides to wreak havoc against the city and Barry will just break his neck and run into the chaos all over again.

He never listens to me anyways...she though a she sat in their little "control room" inside the cortex, staring at the computers screen, searching for any and all anomalies that could, and probably will occur, anywhere in the city.

Dr. Wells was gone for the night though, luckily enough he gets a night off...she muses as she pulls up the security feed for the speed treadmill, its the usual scene, Barry on the treadmill running in an endless loop as his feet seem to blur below him, but the look at his face looked like he was a man on a mission, the man who stubbornly believes that the weight of the world was on his shoulders and all he could do was run into the fire everytime, and everytime she prays to whoever was listening that he'd be safe and come running back to her-wait she stopped herself-them, so he can come back to them.

That's when the familiar meta-human alarm blared throughout the cortex, Caitlin thanked Cisco for installing that, she rolled towards the monitor on the center as the familiar swoosh comes into the room as she pulls out the security camera footage from where ever the alarm came from.

"What's happening?", he asks as she pulls out the security camera footage, it shows the supposed Metahuman standing infront Central City bank, great, another bank robber, if anybody had been keeping score it was the third one this month.

"Bank robbery in New Brighton, 34th and Lawrence, Barry be-", she replies as Barry swooshes away, his costume already gone leaving her alone in the cortex as paper flies and her hair gets put out of place. "-careful".

(In another universe, they meet when the Flash saves her from a robber, she was waitress working at a job she hates, and he's a lonely hero in spandex working out of a rundown storage facility. They catch a glimpse of each other before the Flash speeds away to take the robber to the cops; they never see each other after that ever again.)

When Barry arrives infront of the bank he sees its front walls blown open, he readies himself for the oncoming may lay as he flashes himself inside the bank, and from the near-by security camera Caitlin watches him as she bites her nail, a nervous she had noticed she had been doing for a while now, Cisco then comes in, taking off his gloves, obviously coming from his workshop downstairs.

"What's going on?", he asks as he throws the gloves on to the table and pushes the goggles down from his face.

"Meta in 34th and Lawrence, bank robber", she replies as Cisco joins her.

"One more and we can call it a bingo", he jokes but Caitlin just looks at him with distaste over the inappropriate humor and Cisco's smile disappears. "Tough crowd".

"Guys can you hear over there?", Barry's voice booms through the intercoms.

"We hear you Barry, what's the situation?", Caitlin replied as she presses down on the microphone.