DON'T FUCKING CALL ME EDS!

TW- sexual advances between minors and gore/blood

AN- Did I hear supportive Maggie and Wentworth Tozier??? bc I think I did. (They aren't the best but they're trying)

~

A week passes. Seven days of quiet come and go. The only noises in the house are either my mother's snoring or her programs playing on the T.V. Other than that, it's radio silence. I get no calls, nobody knocking on my door seeing if I want to come play outside, nothing.

It's not like I expected anything different, though. Not after all the stuff that happened.

I still don't feel clean.

All the scars have faded some, namely the ones on my back and face. The ones on my neck and collarbone are still rather prominent though.

I can't stand to look at my reflection. My twin in the mirror taunts me with eyes without emotion behind them and destroyed flesh that looks like a blade was mercilessly taken to it. I haven't felt like I've been alone in a room since that day; it always feels like there's a pair of eyes watching, waiting for me to drop my guard so they can pounce, pin me up against the wall, tear my skin into thin strands, kiss me with ugly and dirty lips, touch me in places that I don't even touch myself-

The phone rings through the empty house (Mommy is out shopping again).

I stand up from my spot on the bed, ignoring the indention I've made from sitting in one spot without moving for so long. I take my time going down the stairs. Why should I rush? The chances of anyone important being on the other line are slim to none.

I stand in front of the phone, listening to the new ringing. After Ri-... he called me and I dropped our old one and while it didn't completely break, a small wire poked through the side of it. It wasn't like the part where the electricity ran through was exposed. I could brush my hand against it and be fine. But Mommy said it was "a severe safety hazard, Eddie! One wrong move and it'll shock you and kill you! You wouldn't die and leave me alone, would you Eddie-bear?", so I had said, "No, Mommy", which was the standard reply around this house. Either that or you replaced the "no" with a "yes".

The new phone we had was bright cherry red. It was the same color as Marilyn Monroe's lipstick she wore all the time. Whenever I watch her movies, I can't help but stare at those luscious and lovely lips that are so perfect and plump and wonder how much a lipstick that bold in color would cost. Probably a fortune. I asked Stan who asked his mom and she said probably five dollars or so. I can remember my mind being absolutely blown for the rest of the day. Five dollars could buy you half the drugstore!

I pick up the Marilyn Monroe phone and hold it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Eds."

My neutral mood slips into one worse than that. Of course, he of all people decided to call.

"Fuck off, Trashmouth."

"But I-"

"And don't call me Eds."

"Eds- I mean Eddie, please, just-... hear me out."

A beat passes.