Ch. 7

I swear to god it was so late at night I couldn't believe someone like Takuma or Aido could handle being up at a time like this. Then again, they were vampires so they probably are used to this kind of routine.

Kaname let me stay a night at my house before I started but that the next day I had to be in the Moon Dormitory, which I was completely fine with, as long as I got to stay with my dad the day before I died.

I heard my bedroom door creaking open and a blonde head peeped in, "Akira, get up, first day of school." The Headmaster walks in with my new uniform in hand.

I laugh for a moment and smile at him, "Dad, it's not my first day, just my first day in the Night Class." He didn't smile along with me, which I became curious of.

He may just be tired, after all, all he wore was his robes and his bunny slippers, along with a candle in his right hand, "Why did you make me enter the Night Classes anyway?"

His eyes snap up and for a moment, I regret asking, but his stare softens and he answers, "All I can say is that I gave someone a promise to look after you and to give you the best that you could ever have. This is a better opportunity for you, Akira, take it in to learn about the current rulers of our world!"

The wonder in his voice makes me consider his suggestion, before I shake my head to myself lightly, and The Headmaster's gaze goes tired again, "Come on, dear, get dressed, please." He holds out the dress for me to take, and I accept it politely before closing the door.

As I dress, I really take a moment to take in what my room really looked like. The light salmon walls along with the strangely bluish ceiling was quite different to the cream colored house outside my room. Even Zero and Yuki didn't get this much.

The color in the walls above my desk is mostly overtaken by the pictures of Takuma I used to draw a few years back when I was around 13, when the hormones started to kick in and my wild crush for Takuma was more of a stalkerish kind of affection.

As soon as I put my second sock on, I exit my room, not forgetting to pack my books into my bag and head into the kitchen where I heard steam rushing out from somewhere.

The Headmaster was making tea, as usual, Jasmine Tea, his favourite and the one I utterly disgust and have no taste for. It's gross.

"All ready!" I exclaim and I grab the straps of my backpack and tighten them around my shoulders, "Prepared and all set for death itself!"

The Headmaster shakes his head and leads me outside across the courtyards until we reach a gate, "Now listen here, Akira," his voice is suddenly in a hushed tone and his eyes are pleading, "whatever you do here, please be careful, I can't lose you, for the fact. Enjoy yourself, dear."

I was about to head through the gates before he grabs my arm again, "One more thing," his gaze is cold into mine, "I'm sorry, but you can't be in the committee anymore..."

My eyes widen and I shake my head, "No... My whole life is devoted around the committee!"

His head hangs low before he speaks again, "Akira, you're in the Night Class and therefore, you can't watch over the students at night anymore..."

I yank my shoulder away from his grasp and I storm into the Moon Dormitories, and I realize how rude that remark must have been.

But I can't turn back now, I'm already inside, and The Headmaster must have already left by now. I sigh to myself before continuing to walk to the first lesson.

The time I arrive is at 11:55, and everyone seems to be getting settled in, which means I may still be on time.

"Ah, I see we have a new student! Please come and introduce yourself!" The teacher ushers me in, and as soon as I step in, all the pairs of eyes turn a glowing red, and it scares me when I come next to the teacher, "Human..."

I gulp and nod, handing in my transfer slips and he points to a seat in the far left corner of the classroom, "It's not as hard as it seems."

The rush I felt as I walked past all these monsters was quite frightening, I'm not one of them, I don't belong here.

Class went by quick, which I was thankful for and I immediately headed for the door,"And don't forget, students, finish your 7 page essay on the human body by Friday!"

A chorus of 'yeahs' and 'okays' was heard as I rushed to escape the room and I heard the panting of a boy and loud footsteps were followed by it, "Hey, Akira! Why the rush?"

I spin on my heel to see Takuma behind me, hands on knees, catching his breath, "Not such a bad first class after all, aye'?" He asked.

I shrug, "I guess it was fine," I then hug my books closer to my chest.

"Hey, what ever is the matter, Sunshine?" He lifts up my chin so I'm looking directly into his green orbs, and I see that he truly cares on my thoughts.

"Just the overall lesson, that's all..." My thoughts are then disturbed by the disturbing image of the naked human body where the organs were in view from the lesson, "Just the part where we had to study the human body got to me."

He smiles and takes my hand, leading me down the corridor to what I thought was my dorm, "Home, sweet home!" He exclaims and motions for me to enter.

"Thanks, Takuma, Good night."

"Night, Akira - Chan!"

~~~~*~~~~

When I wake up in the morning, I didn't really want to leave my bed since I was in my silk pajamas and my bed was literally made of cotton.

Although, I had to speak to some of my friends today about me leaving and everything, especially Alista and Yuki. I hope they don't freak out on me.

I head into the bathroom and I open the curtain for a second before hissing in the shade of the sun's light, and my eyes widen as I hastily rush to close them again.

What's going on with me? 

You're becoming one of them...

I stare at myself in the mirror and just to make sure, I open my mouth and see that there are 2 pointy teeth sticking out from my upper jaw.

Panic, that's all that came to mind, panic. I start to shake and rock myself back and forth on the spot on my feet before my mind clears and I head for The Headmaster's office.

People got in my way and overflowed me with questions, especially where I was all night from my dorm mate, but I ignored her and rushed past everybody.

I reach the door and brush of my pajamas before opening it and bursting into the room, "Headmaster!" He jumps at this and I realize I have a few sunburn marks all over my skin, "Please care to explain what the hell is happening to me!"

Tears form in my eyes and my vision is blurry, The Headmaster gets up and holds me in his arms as I cry, and for a moment there it felt good to cry. I haven't cried in a while, just laughed it off.

"Please, what's happening to me?"

You're becoming one of them...

A monster...

A Vampire...

~~~~*~~~~

Over 1200 words, be proud! I stayed up till like, 10:00. Wish I was a vampire so time wouldn't matter anymore. But yeah, to make this worth while, vote, comment and share!

Seeya!