chapter 52: echoes of the unknown

"life is going to throw pebbles at you. either you choose to build a life with them or wail over the wounds they leave behind - faaris."

Sulaaymaan had remained silent as they all inspected the rest of the mansion . From rooms to hallways to floors , they left no corner upturned .

Ever since he witnessed the horrors that lay camouflaged within Afra's closet , he seemed to have become numb .

Not everyone noticed the sudden transformation in his smile and behaviour .

Except Afra .

She kept it minimal while gazing at him . Fortunately for him , he wasn't caught everytime she stole glances at her since he forced small smiles .

It was fairly significant that his change had aroused her suspicion , to the point that he could feel her intense sight on his back .

She was smart and could make out the slightest of alternations . It didn't suprise him that she had already discerned his tension .

His hope wavered greatly to think that out of all the people the threatener could have targeted , it was her .

A pure , innocent soul , oblivious to her surroundings .

All he did was lay his eyes over hers for a second longer than intented and she was being hurt ever since then .

From the rest of the rooms and floors , they found about several more of the PDS and cameras but none were located in the vicinity of the areas they often roamed about .

They wouldn't hold any of their activities or glimpses at all . But they could have caught the threatener , vaguely at the least .