Hope

Namjoon's POV:

"Fuck!"

I dash from room to room, the member inside each becoming more and more detached from reality. 

Jungkook's staring blankly at his computer, tapping the keys in slow, robotic movements.

Taehyung's sprawled lifelessly on the ground, countless photos scattered messily all across the floor.

Jimin's curled up in his bed, muttering quietly to himself while rocking back and forth.

God knows where Hobi is.

Yoongi is the worst of the lot. His clothes and body are soaked and he's stumbling around his room like he's blind, his eyes shut tight and his hands clutching his head, fingers digging into his scalp. 

If somebody had come into this house, they probably would've thought they'd walked into a mental asylum. 

"Jesus Christ...." I mutter while opening the door to Jin's room.

It's completely empty, just like Hobi's room

"Does anybody know where Jin is?" I call out, knowing that no matter how loud I yell no one will hear me. 

I sigh and pull out my phone to call Hobi and Jin when the front door bursts open.

Standing in the doorway is Jin, with an unnaturally large grin on his face.

"Um, Jin? Are you oka-"

"YES! I'VE NEVER BEEN BETTER! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I REALIZED? THE OTHER MEMBERS AREN'T!!"

I roll my eyes.

"No shit sherlock, have you seen them? They look like lab rats on NyQuil."

"EXACTLY, SO WE HAVE TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER! AND I KNOW HOW!!" Jin shouts gleefully. 

"Um alright ho-"

"WE HAVE TO GO SEE MI-CHA!" 

The echo of her name ringing throughout the house seems to stir something in the boys, their heads collectively peeking out from their rooms.

"Mi-cha?" Jimin asks in a frail, hushed whisper.

I rush over to him and squeeze his hand reassuringly.

"Yes...we're going to go see her now. We all are."

"D-did she change her mind?" Taehyung asks.

I nod. "She wants to see us."

"But why?" Yoongi asks in a cold, skeptical tone.

"She....." 

I force the words out of my throat. "She's chosen." 

Everybody's eyes widen and Jungkook pipes, "Really?!"

A feeling of relief washes over me as I see the hope of glimmer in his eyes. 

"Yeah. Now let's go see her, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We just reach the front doors of the hospital when I stop dead in my tracks, realizing we're missing something crucial. 

"Wait, does anyone know where Hoseok is?"

The members look at one another, an uneasy look in their eyes. 

I frantically pull out my phone and dial his number. 

Everyone holds their breath as the phone rings. But soon, the annoying beep comes to a stop and his voicemail plays.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuck where could he be?" I mutter to myself. 

"Usually when hyung is upset he exercises," Jimin says.

"But he's not in the practice room, I was just there," I state.

"What about the gym?" Jin asks.

I look up at the pitch black sky. "It would have closed hours ago."

We're all trying to figure out where else he could be when a siren blares in the distance.

I narrow my eyes and see an ambulance racing towards the hospital. 

"There's no way that could be Hobi, right?" I think, desperately trying to calm my nerves.

I watch the ambulance like a hawk as it halts at the doors of the emergency center. Men in blinding yellow suits come out of the truck and unlock the doors. They carry out a stretcher with a body sprawled across it. 

My heart stops.

No.

Nonononono.

This can't be happening. 

I run over to the ambulance so fast my heart's pounding in my ears.

"Hoseok! Hobi! Wake up, please! PLEASE!" I scream at the lifeless body. The medical staff begin pushing me away as I fight back, but it's no use. I hear someone say through the static of their walkie-talkie, "Code blue, we have a code blue situation at the emergency center."

Tears immediately begin spilling over my eyes. 

Code blue.....I know what it means. For once watching medical dramas has paid off, but not in the way I thought it would. 

Code blue....it means that his heart has stopped. That death's fingers have begun curling themselves around his neck, ready to drag him away from us.

Doctors swarm around his body and begin injecting, wiring, and pumping god knows what into his body. 

I stand there helplessly, and only catch one last glimpse of our precious friend before he's rushed into the hospital for surgery.

His face is as pale as the snow beginning to drift down from the sky and his lips are an unnatural violet hue. He looks so....lifeless......

His bright smile is gone, every trace of his livelihood erased. 

I shut my eyes and look away, unable to see the tragedy unfolding before me. 

"Hyung.....what just happened?" I hear Jungkook's ask quietly.

I open my eyes, unable to control the bitter tears falling endlessly from them. I can see the glimmer of tears appearing in his own eyes and I force a smile on my face. For him. For the members.

"Hoseok....Hobi....." my voice cracks but I press on.

"He's in really bad condition right now.....but.....everything will be fine." I say, but it sounds like I'm trying to convince myself more than them.

Jungkook pulls me into a tight hug and whispers, "Yes.....everything will be fine."

The other members join, silent tears falling from each of our eyes, as the last glimmer of hope inside us dissipates like a flame blown out, leaving us all in the dark, cold world that we can't manage to escape.