The Quarry

Todays Song: GRRRLS by AViVA

~~Charlie's POV~~

Yesterday we helped Ben home after Eddie fixing him up. The guys dropped me off first because I'm closer to downtown. I live in the richer part of Derry, the guys live more around the middle, except Stanley, he lives down the road. Ever since what he said, at the Barrens, I've been kinda mad at him. He doesn't want to find my sister? What if it had been one of his family members?

I went to sleep wondering about that, about if Betty could really still be alive. She was a tomboy, she didn't like to be girly, like me. She wore her hair short all the time, never doing anything with it. She wore clothes for a guy, with her big army jacket. I miss her, even though sometimes we fought, I really do miss her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake to my mom and dad bickering down the hall. My dad says he needs to go to work for extra hours today, that we are low on money. I know we are, my mom has not been making dinner, I have to fend for myself, and my dad is gambling a lot more now.

I quickly get dressed in a button up purple dress, saying we are going to the quarry, I need to dress in something cute, and fast removable. I make sure that my undergarments are cute also, I wear pink underwear and a matching pink bra, I know my breasts aren't that big but they are decent. I put my hair in a half up-half down style, and finally put on some socks and my black converse. I run downstairs and my mom is already on the couch, holding the same jacket from yesterday. My dad is in the kitchen, his hands on the counter and his shoulder blades popping from his shirt. He breathes heavily, and it scares me a bit

"Dad? I'm gonna go to hang out with some friends. Is that okay?" I slowly walk over to him and put my hand on his back. He looks back at me, his hair is a little gray on the sides but he looks just as young as he would have 10 years go. He is wearing his work shirt, he is a store worker at the grocery store. His name, David, is pinned onto the pocket.

"Sure sweetie, when you get home tonight please will you wash the dishes?" He smiles and walks to his keys on the counter.

"Yes, Daddy." He would have made me do the dishes before leaving before all this. I mean its not bad, its just...are they okay? He kiss' me on the head before looking at my mom and closing the door. "Bye, Mommy." I wave to her and she doesn't look up at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk with my headphones in and my Walkman playing my playlist 'Greatest songs on earth' I listen to tons of different songs going down the road. As I walk to the quarry I see Beverly, I almost had forgotten, Bill invited her. I had to get invited by Richie, Bill didn't even think of inviting me! Jeez! She walks in a faded white dress with small printed flowers, she also is listening to her Walkman. I crank up the volume in my headphones and walk across the street from her. I look around as I listen to GRRRLS by AViVA. I haven't been listening to the normal songs I listen to since my sister went missing.

I feel a tap on my shoulder after I think about this for awhile and nearly jump five feet in the air. I look over my shoulder and Beverly stands there. I take off my Walkman, I can feel my heartbeat at a hundred miles an hour.

"Sorry did I scare you?" She says sweetly. I just stare at her for a moment.

"No, I'm fine. What?" I say and turn off the Walkman.

"Huh?" She follows me as I start to walk down the road again.

"What did you want?" I sound rude as I say this, I don't really mean to, but it just comes out like that.