12

REAL LIFE CHAPTER

"don't touch me!" diana shrieked. the heads in the hospital turned, numerous eyes locking onto the black haired teenager being wheeled down the hallway in a hospital bed. her eyebrows were furrowed and her jaw was clenched. alia and jaeden rushed down the hall after her, clearly alert.

the young girl was pushed into a hospital room as tears rolled down her red cheeks. screams continued leaving her lips, even as the male gripped her hand.

"diana, baby, it's okay," said the older female, brushing back diana's black hair. diana squeezed jaeden's hand, breathing quickly and heavily. alia coached diana's breathing, continuing to pet her head. alia moved around to stand in front of diana, lifting the blanket over her legs.

"she's fully dilated," the woman called over her shoulder. diana clenched her hands into fists, eliciting a whimper from jaeden.

"you're doing great baby," he cooed, despite her death grip on his hand. she was breathing in a regulated pattern by now, vividly feeling the contractions of her uterus.

"jae," she breathed, face contorting in pain. he hummed, brushing her hair from her sweaty face.

"i love you," she choked, laughing quietly. jaeden echoed her laughter, pressing a kiss to her crinkled nose.

"i love you too," he responded.

nearly six hours later, both jaeden and diana were holding a baby. apparently, they'd overlooked a baby boy that was hidden behind millicent.

"i think we should name him richard. after finn, y'know?" jaeden spoke softly, gazing down at the little man in his arms. diana hummed, brushing her thumb over millicent's soft cheek.

"i agree. richard jess lieberher," she said thoughtfully, smiling afterward. "it has a nice ring to it."

"definitely. richard jess lieberher," jaeden whispered, tearing up slightly. diana chuckled quietly, wiping away the tear that rolled down jaeden's cheek.

"do you wanna hold millicent?" she asked. jaeden nodded eagerly, pressing a gentle kiss to richard's forehead before passing him on to diana. the duo traded children, and jaeden couldn't hold back the tears as millicent opened her eyes for the first time. they were a beautiful shade of baby blue, gazing up at him with an old soul reflecting in them.

"hi millie. you're so pretty," he whispered, choking on his words. the tears were rushing out now as he hummed a soft lullaby that he remembered his mother singing to him when he was young. diana smiled fondly at her boyfriend, cradling the child she could call hers and he could call his.

"i love my family," diana murmured as she caressed the supple skin of richard's cheek. nothing could make her happier than she was in that moment.