10 | eiríni

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Calista forced out a bitter laugh. A name that fitted her? Now what would that be? Ugly Giant? Freak? Daughter of a rapist? All these and more were names which had been bestowed upon her by classmates.

And they suited her.

Oh, they all suited her so perfectly because after all, in this superficial world, weren't physical appearance and pre-determined labels made up by society the biggest factors which played a role in determining a person's worth?

•••

❝...why do people always judge others so easily, as if they have every right to do it? Why do they label others without ever giving them the chance to prove themselves?

That is why I say you shouldn't go back to that world. People like that aren't worth your time or the space they occupy in your mind.

You know what? You are right. And I need to change my name. I don't want to be called Calista. Calista was a girl who patiently bore all her burdens. I am not that girl anymore.

Do not worry. I shall find a new name for you and I promise you, you will be at peace with yourself.

Is it ... is that even possible? For me to ever be at peace with myself?

I can make it possible. I can make you pure again. I can set your heart at peace.