Chapter 1: Leaving

A/n: New Story, I hope you guys like and man it feels good writing again!

You were fighting the Red Legion with your fireteam. You all were giving everything you had into protecting what was left of humanity and the Traveler. You were using Better Devils with flared mag well, fast draw HCS, and explosive payload. Your teammates had died once again and you went over to revive them during the firefight. But before you reached them you were shot by a cabal slug shotgun. You groaned in pain and shot the Cabal legionary in the head and then you made the rest of the way to your downed teammates. You began to revive your warlock friend, Shawn.

"God Damnit!" He shouted as he used his healing rift only to be shot in the face again.

"Oh my lord, one second Shawn." You said reviving him again.

"I'll go get Carry. Cover me!" He said, running over to her.

"I gotcha." You said as you began to headshot every cabal in sight. Shawn then revived Carrington and she used her super, fists of havoc. She began to soak up tons of damage but didn't seem to be fazed by it. She ran into a group of Cabal and slammed his fists into the ground creating an arc wave. She proceeded to do this 3 more times. However, she tried to do it a fifth time, her super finally ran out. The Legionary threw his arm back unleashing a blade on her arm and prepared to slash Carry. Carry closed her eyes and put her hands up to block the attack, but it never came. She opened her eyes and lowered her hands to see Shawn devouring him. "Don't worry Carry, I'll always be here when you need help." 

Carry smiled and said, "Thank you."

"Hey lovebirds!" You shouted getting their attention. "We are in the middle of an invasion if you haven't noticed." They moved away from each other, embarrassed. You returned to shooting the invading Cabal. You began to run out of ammo for Better Devils, so you switched to your energy weapon, Uriel's Gift. You had almost five hundred rounds in your reserves. However, due to it being an auto rifle you were running out of ammo for it as well. Shawn and Carry looked to be running out of ammo as well. "Well, guys what are we going to do? By the looks of it, we are going to run out of ammo faster than we can take out an enemy." You said to them. 

"We'll punch them!" Carry said.

"That's a striker mentality." You said, "I don't punch, I stab and Shawn does whatever he does."

"Well, then I'll punch them." She said, before going on a melee rampage, dodging and ducking then striking. 

"I told you she was amazing (Y/n)." Shawn gunning down another Cabal Legionary.

"Well, it looks like you were right." You replied. Then something strange began to happen. The Traveler was beginning to light up. You stopped shooting and turned to look at the sight, Shawn and Carry did as well. The Traveler sent out a pulse of Light killing all the Cabal, but it did not affect anyone else. You, Shawn, and Carry began to rush to it. On the way, you met up with Commander Zavala, Ikora, and Cayde. "What is going on?" You asked Ikora.

"I've never seen this happen, in any of my lives, this has never happened." She said awed by The Traveler. 

Its Light grew brighter and brighter by the second until it enveloped everything. When your sight returned you were in a forest. The Traveler was even closer to everyone. You began to look around and saw every guardian and civilian that was all across the solar system. 'What was this place' You thought.

You along with the other guardians began to explore while the Vanguard stayed behind and helped the civilians. You were with your fireteam wandering around this mysterious forest. It seemed normal, but you couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching you, staring daggers into your back.  Y'all kept walking through the forest with your guns holstered. You then walked into a clearing with some ruins that had pedestals. You walked up to one of the pedestals and saw an imprint. 'Something was here before.' You thought. 'But what?' You decided to not put too much thought into it. The silence of the forest was broken by gunfire. You immediately drew Better Devils while Carry drew Nameless Midnight and Shawn drew Ghost Primus. Y'all began to run in the direction of the gunfire. You were met by several enemies, each with their own colors. Most of them had a melee weapon and some had guns. They were all fighting a giant bird and a giant scorpion?! And the Vanguard was there trying to protect the civilians. 'This planet looks like it was touched by the Darkness.' You thought while you and your team made your way over to the Vanguard.