Road Of The Runaways. (Watty Awards 2012)

This story has been on my computer for a while now and i thought i would finally post it on here. It is not edited so i know it has some mistakes so please tell me something i dont know!(: I really hope you guys enjoy my new story! :D <3

Road Of The Runaways.

I lifted up my arm and held out my thumb, hoping that at least one car see’s me and picks me up. Yea, I’m hitch hiking. I know it’s dangerous but what else am I going to do? Walk another million miles, I think not. Oh and don’t let me forget it’s about 100 hundred degrees outside, I’m surprised I haven’t burnt to crisp yet. Well, maybe it’s because I’ve never been affected by the sun and could never get a tan, and that’s why I am as white as a piece of paper. If you saw me you would think I’m a vampire, but I’m not sparkly. Oh twilight pun!

I waited another 5 minutes looking up and down the road, not one car has even passed by yet. It’s a road, Why aren’t there any cars on it! If I keep this up I’m going to be here all night! I grabbed my bag tight between my hands and started to stomp off down the road, looks like I’m going to have to walk until I find somewhere to stay and hopefully I’ll find a place soon.       

As I walked along the deserted road all I heard was the low hollow of the breeze blowing and the soft pounding of my feet on the dirt road. I reached my hand down into my pocket but to feel that it was empty, my phone was supposed to be there. Then I remembered I had to get rid of my phone or they could track me so now I’m phoneless. Now how am I supposed to know what time it is! Well first I lose contact with the world then I can’t even find out the damn time! Well I guess I can buy a watch, but that’s not the point! I just have to make some sacrifices

As I walk I hum to myself trying to make this walk a little less boring, I slowly started shaking my hips to the rhythm of my humming and before you know it I’m full blown dancing on the side of the road shaking my hips in every which way I can.

My whole body jumped and then suddenly froze when I heard a loud horn go off behind me. I turned around quickly to see a pickup truck driving right past me with the driver whistling at me.

“Shake that ass girl!” the driver yelled out from his window.

I stood there frozen in shock of what just happened, what the fuck just happened here? A truck, a perv driver, driving by? My only chance of getting a ride from someone and I was too busy dancing! Why me? Well maybe it was for the best? He did sound like a perv after all. Ugh! Whatever.

“This sucks.”

“This sucks.”

“This sucks” I kept repeating over and over again as I walked for what felt like 5 more hours in reality it was only about 15 minutes when I suddenly spotted a small old rusted sign for what looked like a motel. I started to walk as fast as I could to it. I looked up at the place “The No Hoe Motel”.

I stood there staring at it. That can’t be what it’s really called. I’m kind of scared to go in here now.

I slowly walked up to the door and hesitantly put my hand on the doorknob and opened slowly. A musky smell immediately hit me and I stepped back, waving my hands in front of my face trying not to inhale that horrible smell. Okay, let’s try this again. I opened the door and quickly stepped inside trying to ignore the smell, but it did smell horrible.

I looked around this small office looking room to see every inch of the walls covered in anything and everything. An old coffee table sat in the middle of the room with a thick layer of dust covering it and small wooden chairs surrounded it. I turned to my left and nearly screamed when I saw a huge dear head hanging above the door. Who the hell puts a dear head in there motel, I sure wouldn’t. Well not that I would ever own a motel or anything but you know what I mean. I realized that I was alone and have yet to see or hear anyone in here.

“Hello?” I called out, hoping to hear someone respond.

I walked over to the front counter and looked behind it to see an old wooden door cracked open, maybe someone is in there?

“Hello?” I called out once again.

“Yes?”

I screamed as loud as my body could and turned around so fast I almost fell. I hurriedly stabled myself and looked up at the old creepy man that was standing behind me.

“Oh, I didn’t mean to scare you little one.” He said in a low creepy voice.

“Um. Yea, um.“ I stumbled over my words trying to think of what to say. “Um, I need a room?” I said slowly making it sound like more of a question than a statement.

“Of course little one.” He said as he walked around to go behind the front counter. He grabbed a big brown book and slammed it on the counter making dust fly everywhere. I silently coughed as I inhaled all the dust and he found this funny! He was snickering under his breath trying to hide it but oh I saw him!

“What’s your name?”

“Morgan Scott.” I said simply.

He grabbed a pen a jotted my name down quickly. “How many days are you staying?”

“Um, I’m not sure yet.”

He grunted and looked up at me and looked back down at the book. He turned around and grabbed a key off the wall and he threw it down on the counter. “I put you down for two days, you are in room 12. He said and started to walk to the back room. “Have a nice stay.” Was the last thing he said before fully walking into the back room.

“Wait! I don’t know your name.” I yelled at the creepy guy. I heard a faint yell and I’m pretty sure he said his name was Henry. “Bye, Henry!” I yelled being nice. I hope he doesn’t come and kill me in the middle of the night I silently thought to myself. I quickly grabbed the keys off the counter and ran out of there before he did come back with an axe or something.

I started walking along the sidewalk until I found my room. I inserted the key into the door slowly and opened it. A small room came into view and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. A queen sized bed covered in a dark blue comforter sat in the middle of the room with two bed side tables at each end. One holding a phone, and another holding an old looking lamp. I walked into the room and closed the door behind me, now getting a better look at the room. The walls were a dull beige color with nothing on them, they were plain. A small TV sat on the far end of the room opposite of the bed, at least I have a TV to watch! I won’t be bored, that’s a plus. A white door was on the other side of the room and I know it’s probably the bathroom.

I set my bag down on the bed and walked into the bathroom. It looked like any other normal bathroom. Again plain beige walls, the sink sat next to the toilet and that sat next to the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror and about jumped when I saw my reflection. Damn, I looked like shit! My short jet black hair was a tangled mess and my face was all red from being out in the sun for so long. My hazel eyes looked dead, they were lifeless at the moment. Sighing, I walked out of the bathroom and laid flat on the bed. I was so tired I was about to pass out. I slowly started to drift off into sleep my last thoughts wondering how long it’s been since someone has washed theses blankets and with that I fell into a deep sleep.

Vote, Comment, and FAN! :D