The blood of the gods

When the old blood was found it must have been thought a miracle. They called it "the blood of the gods", and rightly so for if u injected it into your veins, you would no longer be afflicted by the weakness of the flesh

It follows that a city built upon this blood would become mighty indeed and so it was with Yharnam.

The supply of the blood was controlled by the healing church and the church became the most powerful of all.

But the blood was foul, infected. Those who've taken the old blood began transforming into hideous beasts and eventually, the church could keep the scourge a secret no longer.

Fearing the populace it's self. They retreated into Cathedral Ward, and devised a plan to fight back.

The Church Hunters were that plan. The hunters in white specialized in experimental blood ministration. For the Church continued to use the old blood. I'll be I'll be it now, with fear in their hearts.

The Hunters in black were a little different. Their role was to violently purge this town of the beastly scourge. Beasthood was a cancer, and with their surgical white gloves.
The black Church Hunters would Rip the beasthood from the hearts of the Yharnamites.they were known to dispose the victims, even potential, before signs of sickness had even manifested themselves.

Their black attire insipred fear in the hearts of the Yharnamites. For if they decided that you had the beast within you, then it was so. But the beast lies dormant within us all, and ironically, the clerics transformed into the most terrifying beasts.

"Father" is a title used for clerics in a foreign land and the Healing Church knew no such rank.

Next ~ The Sad History Of Father Gascoigne.