Admittance

This one is gonna be short since the other chapter was soo long....but its gonna be cute!

'I wonder what he wanted to ask me'. Just then there was huge rumble of thunder, and a deafening screech as a great oak came tumbling down onto the house a retired hero.

When Sonic groggily opened his eyes to the heavy downfall and the remains of his small home scattered around him. He looked around, trying to figure out what had happened, to his left he saw the massive tree that had fallen on and crushed his house, he gulped nervously when he saw how close it was to him, a few more inches to the right and he probably wouldn't have woken up. On his other side was Shadow, lying on his back eyes closed. Sonic winced when he saw the blood stained pole running straight through the left arm of his black and red counterpart. He was still breathing though, and apart from his arm, he seemed to be more or less fine. Sonic on the other hand, wasn't so lucky.

He was pinned down to the ground by a huge beam, making it hard to breathe, he leant back as far as the ground would let him so that he could get as much air into his lungs as possible. He resolved to simply push the beam off him, it didn't look too heavy, it was just one used for decoration, but his resolution was broken when he found neither of his arms responded to him, a ripping pain shooting through him instead. He sighed and looked at the other hedgehog next to him, who was slowly making up to be greeted by loud claps of thunder and streaks of lightning beginning to form across the grey sky.

"Are you OK Shadow?" Sonic's voice was raspy, and it hurt to talk, he felt freezing and his aching throat was making it even harder to breathe. Shadow nodded, he met the gaze of the azure hedgehog and saw the pain in the emeralds, he took a shaky breath when he noticed the pole through his own arm, and the trickle of blood running down it to meet in a pool of blood that mixed and swirled with Sonic's. "We need to move," Sonic whispered, his throat getting worse making it near impossible to even talk quietly, once again Shadow nodded.

"I know, but how, we're both stuck here." He sighed, "We're stuck here until someone comes to help us." The rain seemed to start to fall even heavier, if that was possible, and a sheet of water began to cover the ground Sonic and Shadow were pinned to. Shadow watched the rising water level soaking his fur and looked desperately at Sonic. "But we don't have time to wait." Sonic had also noticed the water and shuddered, he wasn't a fan of water when he wasn't pinned down to the ground with a beam, it would be impossible to escape it how he was. Shadow looked at Sonic, the water, then the pole in his arm. That arm was stuck, but his other one worked just fine. He flexed his hand and looked back at Sonic, the water had already reached his head.

Sonic was finding in hard to decide what to do, he needed to lean back otherwise the beam cut off his air, but if he did, then the water would suffocate him. His train of worried thoughts was broken when he saw Shadow move his right arm to the pole and grip it tightly.

"Wha-what are you doing Shadow?" His voice was barely audible above the roar of the wind. Shadow closed his eyes tightly.

"Getting us out of here," with those words he gave a big tug of the pole embedded in his arm. "Aaaarrrghh!" He clenched his teeth and carried on giving tugs at the long piece of metal, which was slowly coming out of his arm. Sonic eyes widened in shock, and he tried to persuade his friend out of the pain he was giving himself. But his voice now was completely gone and he could only look on in concern as his friend finally removed the pole from his arm. Shadow quickly grabbed a nearby ripped piece of cloth nearby and wrapped it round his arm to stop the bleeding, grunting as the salt-water drenched material stung his wound. He was glad to see that his legs were working fine as he made his way over to Sonic and gave the beam an almighty kick. The wind and weight made it hard to move but he managed to just kick it far enough so that Sonic could pull himself free.