6 - Mr. creepy stubble and his nice sidekick.

The room was perfect.

The sheets were untouched, the windows glittered in the sun, everything was neat and organized.

"Well." I said, surprised. "This room is surprisingly neat and clean for those idiots to have thrown it together."

"Maybe they got cleaners or someone to do it, or maybe they just haven't touched the room in a long time." Alexis dragged her finger over the dresser and showed me her dust coated finger.

I let out a small chuckled as she shook the dust off as if it were appalling.

I wandered over to the bathroom, where I was greeted with a giant bathtub and a walk-in shower. Between the shower wall and the end of the room, there was a white porcelain double sink, which rested on a floating countertop with single, small rectangular drawers on wheels underneath. A full-width mirror stretched behind the sinks, with small light bulbs lining it.

"Babe, check this out." Alexis called from the bedroom.

I left the luxurious bathroom to see what she was looking at.

"We have to ask Lamont how to get down there." I shook my hand excitedly. "Oh, it's gorgeous."

Apparently, the garden wasn't the only flower source because our window had us looking directly at a massive field of color coordinated flowers lining a beautiful lake.

"Just not now." Alexis stifled a yawn. "I want to sleep."

"Go settle down in bed, I'll figure out the curtains." I told her.

I closed the blinds and drew the curtains and stumbled into bed.

"When was the last time you properly slept?" I asked Alexis as I slid off my shoes and jeans.

"Maybe a week ago." Alexis said with a yawn.

"I told you to text me if you can't sleep." I slid under the covers next to Alexis.

"I know, I know. I just didn't want to bother you. You are asleep, and I don't want to wake you. It isn't that important anyway." She mumbled, looking down at the covers.

"Alex, don't say that." I pleaded. "You'd never bother me with that. You know I love you to the moon and back and it would never bother me."

"I know." Alexis mumbled.

"Get some sleep, Alex, please." I said as I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I'll try." She sighed.

I traced circled on Alexis's waist with my thumb until I heard her breathing slow down and become deeper. Only when I was sure Alexis was in a deep sleep did I stop tracing circles and close my eyes, allowing myself to be lulled into a sleep.

 Only when I was sure Alexis was in a deep sleep did I stop tracing circles and close my eyes, allowing myself to be lulled into a sleep

"No no no no no no no NO! Not again. Not again."

I was woken up by Alexis's sobs and frantic thrashing.