Chapter one

A/N: Hey guys I hope you enjoy this fanfic. The pictures above are of Harper's outfits.  Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Thanks!

*Harper's POV*

As I sat in front of the mirror preparing to go out on stage, I wondered what it would be like to hear Bon Jovi play live. It was New Year's Eve and I was about to go out on stage and dance to their songs with the rest of the girls in my dance group.

I had been a fan of Bon Jovi for as long as I have been alive. I blame my dad for it mostly. He and I listened to them a lot when I was a little girl. He passed away about a year ago. Hearing them now gave me comfort. Although I was disappointed when Richie left the band, I still looked up to him in a way. Sure I'm twenty years younger than them but what can I say, they're hot. Course it wouldn't really matter to Richie, he's dating a thirty-year-old. Oh and then there was Phil. I never would've admitted it but he was a better player than Richie in my opinion.

My thoughts were broken as our manager came in and told us we had two minutes until curtain. I double checked my hair and makeup and made my way to the stage with the other six girls on our team. We stood in our positions for Livin' on a Prayer as we waited for the band to play. We did the first few songs then went on break until the band when on an intermission. It was supposed to be a two-hour show.

There was a platform in the middle of the crowd away from the stage which is where we were most of the time. I kept looking over to Phil and a couple times I noticed him staring at me. One time he and Jon were talking and smiling during a guitar solo and smiling while staring.

After the first few songs, we went backstage and changed for our next number. We were going to be singing and dancing to Lady Marmalade by P!nk, Christina Aguilera, Mýa, and Lil' Kim. I sang the part of P!nk. On stage, we had a pole at each corner of the platform that we had previously been dancing on. There were also lights that would shine on each of us as we sang. Part of me hoped that Phil would be watching part of me wanted him to be far far away from the whole scene. I walked to the platform with the other three girls, Ava, who was actually Richie Sambora's daughter, Jasmine, and Tiana. When we were cued we went on stage and did our thing.

*Phil's POV*

While I was backstage with the guys taking a thirty-minute break, The Wonder Squad was on stage. I heard them start to sing and it caught my attention because it sounded like they were actually singing. I walked to where I could see them from backstage with my phone in my hand. I almost dropped my phone when I saw what they were doing. They were pole dancing. I couldn't stop watching. Their voices sounded so good. I watched until it was over then I went and told Jon I had to meet the girl who was singing the part of P!nk. Jon said he'd invite them backstage with us for an after party while we wait for the countdown to midnight. It was genius.

*Harpers POV*

Once we were off stage we went back to our dressing room. Richie Sambora came in to talk to his daughter Ava. He didn't come around too often but we'd all seen him a few times. Honestly, after his break up with Orianthi, he looked like hell.

He talked to Ava for a few minutes then came over to me. We had talked a couple times but this time he seemed... different. Nervous maybe. We talked for a few minutes then he asked if he could have my number. I was a little hesitant but he insisted so I caved and gave it to him. What's the worst thing that could happen? After we exchanged numbers he left.

A few moments later we were invited to go backstage with Bon Jovi and have an after party to bring in the new year with each other. We all decided we'd go. While they performed for their last hour we hung out in their lounge room. I was nervous to meet Phil but I was excited at the same time. Then again I was excited to meet all of them. I wasn't sure how it would feel or what it would be like.

The girls and I all changed into regular clothes since it was rather cold out. Soon enough all of the guys came in. We all hugged them and they all hugged us. Phil and I hugged for what felt like forever. We sort of spread out and talked. Phil seemed to stay pretty close to me. I liked that.

"So Harper, I must say, you guys did amazing out there. Your voices were great. How did you learn to do that?"

"Aww, thanks, Phil. You're so sweet. We had a lot of training. It's fun though. When I was in my early twenties I did stuff like that for some extra cash. I almost didn't quit because it was so much fun but I also knew I didn't want to spend my whole life there."

"So how long have you been into dancing?"

"Pretty much my whole life."

"That's pretty cool. What are you going to do after tonight? I mean like where's home for you?"

"Well, actually it's here. I was raised here. I would love to leave here though. New York might be nice from a distance but to live here is hell."

"Oh, I totally understand that. I apologize if I'm being too bold, but would you like to maybe come on the road with us for a while?"

"Uh really? I mean like would it be okay? Like would Jon be okay with it?"

"Most likely. Can I be honest?"

"Yeah of course."

"From the moment you first walked out on stage tonight I knew I had to meet you. I knew that, well, I knew that I wanted to date you."

"Really?"

"Is that okay?"

"I mean yeah. Ever since you joined Bon Jovi I dreamt of being with you. I never really thought it would actually happen though."

"So is that a yes then?"

"Sure I just need a little time to pack. And if it's okay with Jon I don't see why not."

"Of course. Oh hey, we're about to start the countdown." We all started counting down together and as we hit zero Phil pulled me into him and we kissed.