The Runaway Goldy

As she ran away, she reached the fourth floor while being chased by those armed men, she put the lock for the first ten doors and crawled into the last one at the end of the hallway and left it unlocked as she hid behind a stack of chairs that were covered by a mantle; the room seemed as a meeting room or a dining room considering the large sized table and the stack of chairs. The soldiers started to look for her in the lock doors; as she heard the doors being kicked she started counting how many of them were looking for her; only four doors were kicked down and she thought there wouldn't be anymore than sixteen men looking for her. She concentrated upon being angry once again about her sister, but that golden shine he was using was not working anymore; as soon as it began to appear it would dissipate and as she grew desperate the men kept coming close. Suddenly, as it happened in her room, the whole place turned black and white and Rockscythe was right behind her yet Elena didn't noticed. 

-Hello again- said Rockscy snickering. 

Elena jumped scared and hit her head with the chair; but it didn't hurt at all, she thought it was more likely to hurt when Rockscy would take the time-stopped effect off. Elena moved the chairs and stood up; Rockscy sat in one of the chairs looking at her and balancing like a child that's bored with her mom in the bank; Elena sighed exasperated and just rubbed the arc of the nose between her eyes massaging it slowly stressed. 

-Do you have any question about this? - said Rockscy with a singing voice.

-Why aren't my... ugh... my abilities working? And who the hell are those men!? - yelled Elena about to explode. 

-Ah simple, your aura which is the base of your powers is tired. It has a limit and the uncontrolled way that you use it makes it faster to be reached; if you use your emotions to control it your limit will be as short as a day and it'll take 8 hours of sleep to get back on top; and superheroes don't sleep - said Rockscy playing with the chair while avoiding any kind of eye contact with Elena. 

-Couldn't you have told me that earlier? Or that woman in the other timeline or whatever could've tell me? - asked Elena still mad at Rockscy. 

-Well you were suppose to find out after getting arrested but since that didn't happened you would've died right here right now had I not being around to help you kiddO so you ARE VEEEEEEEERY welcome - said Rockscy still indifferent. 

-And about those men that are chasing me... - asked Elena but Rockscy got up and held her by the shoulders and looked at her in the eye. 

-No... spoilers... allowed! - yelled Rockscy with severity. 

-So... I'll have to learn it on my own? - asked Elena a little befuddled about Rockscy's change of attitude.

-Yes, but since I'm not so cold hearted and that other you from the timeline I showed you asked me to take special care for you so you won't end up like Tony - said Rockscy still severely but somewhat a little more serious than anything else. 

-Who's...? - Elena got interrupted by Rockscy before she could asked anything else. 

Rockscy snapped her fingers and everything returned to normal and Elena grunted exasperated and irritated but the golden aura as Rockscy called it came back immediately; Elenna looked at it surprised and thought to herself if that's what Rockscy meant by "special care". Elena turned around and took a deep breath to dissipate the aura and so it happened as she wanted, she turned around and focused on making it appear without her emotions like Rockscy told her not to do, but nothing happened. The armed men kept coming closer every moment and she kept growing desperate but she kept trying to keep calm.

-Come on... come on... just work with me already... - said Elena to herself trying to use her aura but it just wouldn't respond to her. 

The armed men were simply steps away from her and as she grew desperate all she could think about was "screw it!" as the steps of the armed men kept hearing closer; Elena remember how angry she was at Isabelle but she did her best to contain her aura to the arms and the legs and the aura started working again. She thought to herself how would she make it work in a future but she couldn't lose her concentration in such precarious situation. 

She stepped out of the room with the aura covering all of her arms and legs, and all of the soldiers looked at her confused and one snapped out of it first and pointed her gun at her; Elena launched herself against the men and they reacted to attack her as well; the men started shooting and the bullets were deflected by Elena's aura as she punched the one standing in the front with a direct hit; the guy fell on his back knocked out and as she landed one of the other men tried to hit her with the tail of her machinegun but Elena donkey kicked him in the stomach and the guy got suffocated and fell to the ground coughing and trying to catch a breath again. 

She punched directly the next man infront of her and she suffocated him too; and as the others started to round her up; she screamed angrily at them all and the shockwave that was produced when she was surrounded by the police and the shock was so hard it even threw a few of them against the wall and through it. Elena sought a chance as she had a straight path to a window and she ran directly towards it. 

She reached the window and focused to move her aura completely to her legs and it work; it was like just jumping from ground level and landing softly. She started running leaving her golden stella; she kept running until she arrived at the road of her house; she bended by the waist and tried to recover her breath. Elena stood straight again after recovering her breath again, and walked to her house. As she entered, her mother was crying holding her and Isabelle was standing in the back avoiding to look at her; her mom let her go and looked at her in the eye angry.

-Where in the fuck have you been? I was so worried! - said Elena's mother crying.

-I'm sorry mom... I was... I... - Elena looks at Isabelle nervous. - I... got mugged on my way back - said Elena lying remembering when they got assaulted. 

-Well, what matters is that you are safe now kid. Now go to your room, you are grounded too- said Elena's mother serious. 

Elena looks at her sister and makes a sign with her eyes; Isabelle nods with her head and heads upstairs. Elena and her mother split the hug and look each other to the eyes, her mom smiles gives her a pad on the back and lets Elena go upstairs. Elena headed upstairs to tell her sister all about it, meanwhile her mother took the phone and dial, and as she waited for someone to answer she stared at the photograph on her wallet. It was the picture of a man with brown hair, blue eyes and kind smile using a red leather jacket, working cargo jeans and a white t-shirt.

The person she was calling answered with a simple hello and all she could say was - She's awaken... - 

To be continued....