Chapter 6

The sky was grey and cloudy, a cool breeze to accompany it. We were riding home, all singing and laughing. I was smiling at how silly the boys sounded when they were singing and I bet they were all either still drunk or at least tipsy. My father was smiling as well. These were the kinds of moments I cherished. Pheasants took off, startling us all. I pulled out my gun as well as some of the other boys. They howled with laughter and rode after the pheasants. All except Billy and I.

"Go on Billy." My father granted. "Boys will be boys. You too Micheala."

"Yaw!" I kicked my horse to make her go and she galloped after the others with Billy trailing behind me. We whooped and hollered with joy. We reached the bushes where the rest of the boys were.

I heard the sound of hooves on the ground followed by the sound of guns cocking and looked behind me. My father was sat on his wagon looking down at us. Looking down at Billy, like they were making a silent agreement. It happened in just a few seconds, it happened so fast I couldn't have done anything. They pulled the trigger and shot him. They shot my father, causing him to fall off the wagon. He hit the ground and I knew he was dead. The men started racing their horses toward us. A scream waned to come out, but it couldn't. The boys turned their horses to flee, Billy and I frozen. I never quite understood why he was frozen. Shock maybe? I pulled out my gun even though I wouldn't have been able to do anything that wouldn't have resulted in me been killed as well.

"No, no!" Doc shouted and shouldered Billy over, his brown horse side stepping to bring Doc close enough. It's to many! Get out of here!" Doc grabbed my horse by the reins and pulled, forcing her to follow the others.

We galloped our horses in the direction of home. I didn't cry while we were riding home. I was still processing it. Trying to make sense of it all. Trying to comprehend what has just happened. We didn't make it home. We wouldn't have left his body back there, so we rode back and got the wagon. We put his body in the wagon and Dick brought it home with Doc leading his horse.

"For as much as it hath pleased Almighty God, in his wise providence, to take out of this world the soul of our deceased brother, we therefore commit his body to the ground." We all stood around a dug out grave for my father's body to rest while Dick read from a book. "Ashes to ashes and dust to dust."

Everyone's glances were cast down, the wind swirling the dust around us. Tears slowly made their way down my cheeks as I cried in silence. My head was down, my face covered by the hair. The boys started to bury my father, the dirt slowly covering him. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Doc and I immediately leaned into him.

Doc was always the one I could count on to comfort me. He was always there when I needed someone. He rubbed my arm in a comforting way. I looked up and saw Billy shoot Doc a quick, jealous glare. Oblivious, I wondered why he would be jealous.

"Wh-what do we do now?" I wiped away the tears from my cheeks. My hair stuck to my wet cheeks in a very unattractive way.

The next thing I knew we were standing around beside the side of a building while Alex, John Tunstall's lawyer and friend spoke to a man of authority who had aged, white hair. Some of us were kicking dirt around, others lost in thought, like I was.

"No one's fool enough to go after Murphy's people!" I heard the man say. I looked at us all and thought 'we are fool enough.' "Ain't one of them is over twenty-one!" At least he got that right.

After a few more minutes of them talking we were called inside of a building, or barn I should say. I mean, our horses were in it. The man eyed us all. He was holding a bible in one hand, close to him.

"A girl? I'm sorry she can't be included." He shot me a glare, which I returned.

"Yes, I will be included. It was my father who was killed." I said, coldly.

"Oh, she sure as hell will be included." Dick growled and Chavez shot the man a glare as well.

"Fine. She in included." The man said sourly. I smirked at him and she shot me a dirty look.

He held the bible in front of him and we all put a hand on it the took it off. We all took a step back and cocked our guns. We had officially been crowned deputies. I looked at the silver star pinned over my heart on my chest. I looked around at the rest of the boys who all had determined expressions on their faces similar to mine. One of the differences is that mine had an evil glint to it. I meant revenge.

A/N

Sorry for not updating in about forever! School has been stressful and I haven't been feeling motivated. I will try to update my books more often. Be sure to check out my Joey Graceffa book as well, its and x reader! Also check out my other account;