Chapter I.

14 Years Old.

     "Armitage."

     The red-headed boy slowly looked up from the book he was reading to see a young girl heading toward him. 

     "It's remarkable. It's not raining for once." 

     The boy laughed as he set his book to the side. "It is rather remarkable, but certainly not as remarkable as the fact that (Y/N) (L/N) is out of the house before 2 in the evening," he commented, still laughing slightly. 

     (Y/N) smiled and sat down beside Armitage. "I finished my chores for the day and my father said that he had a headache. He told me to go find someone to hang out with, with a large emphasis on 'away from the house'. I figured you would be out here reading or something," she explained softly. 

     He smiled and turned to fully face her, "Well I'm glad you came to join me. I was getting lonely." 

     (Y/N) smiled and leaned back against the trunk of the tree, "Was your father being overbearing again?" 

     Armitage's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he leaned back as well. "What do you mean," he asked. 

     "You come out here when your father is getting on your nerves. I know you do, don't try to hide it," (Y/N) explained. 

     Armitage slowly got to his feet. "That's just the way my father is. He has a vision and a way he expects me to act. When I don't do what he wants, he gets upset and he yells. It's normal at this point.. I just come here to clear my head after he gets upset..," he explained quietly, putting his hands in the pockets of his wool greatcoat.

     "You don't deserve it, being yelled at, I mean," (Y/N) said softly, pushing herself to her feet and walking over to him. "Your father is a rather harsh and callous man, and that's what he wants you to be. But you're kind and compassionate, and that's far better than what he expects you to be." 

     Armitage tilted his head back against (Y/N)'s shoulder as he felt her wrap her arms around him as she stood behind him. "I just want to make him proud... He already hates me. His wife hates me," he rambled on. 

     "That's not your fault, Armitage. It's not your fault your father was unloyal to Maratelle. You don't deserve to be treated like this. It's unfair to you," (Y/N) said, tilting her head to rest against Armitage's as she spoke. 

     Armitage closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath, not saying anything. 

     (Y/N) sighed softly, "Come on. Let's sit down and relax, okay?" 

     Armitage nodded and headed back over to the tree and sat down. Almost as soon as (Y/N) had sat down, Armitage rested his head on her shoulder. (Y/N) rested her head against his and closed her eyes, reaching down to hold his hand.

     Armitage shook his head, trying to snap out of the train of thought he was in. 

     "General, are you feeling alright?" 

     The red-head looked over at the officer and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. I was just caught up in a train of thought," he answered. 

     "The lead on the Resistance turned out negative. We still don't have a location," the officer continued as he walked with Armitage along the bridge. 

     "That is just... Fantastic..," Armitage groaned and leaned against the control panel, "Keep looking for them. I want the Resistance found as soon as possible." 

     As the officer looked away, Hux looked through the window of the ship. "Dammit," he muttered before turning and heading out of the bridge. He made his way to his room and once he closed the door, leaned back against it, running a hand over his face as he sighed.

     This had been the third memory that he had that day. They were getting more frequent as the days went on and he hated it. Why now? Why was his mind so insistent on making him recall these memories now? It made no sense to him. If anything, his mind needed to be clear of everything except for finding the location of the shattered remains of the Resistance. 

     Maybe that was it, he figured as he ran a hand through his red hair. He had been so occupied on making sure that he focused on nothing but the Resistance that his mind had started to play tricks on him and wander. That was the only explanation.

     With another sigh, Armitage tilted his head to rest back against the door and closed his eyes, suddenly wanting nothing more than a vacation, and it wouldn't hurt if it lasted for a few months. At least he wouldn't have to deal with Kylo's constant bitching about not knowing where his mother or Rey were. 

     "Long day, hm?" 

      Armitage's head snapped up at the voice, startled out of his train of thought, and saw a woman standing in front of him. Quickly, he pushed himself off the door so he was standing, just in case he needed to defend himself.

     "How did you get in... (Y/N)?"

——————————

Author's Note

So I'm publishing this at 2:30 in the morning because I came up with this idea for a story and NEEDED to get it out. I've been writing a lot of reader-inserts (that I haven't published) in third-person perspective because I feel like I can give more emotion to both characters and you guys can get more immersed in what's happening. I don't know how you will all react to it though.

But I really hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter and I really look forward to writing more! (Also, bonus points if you guessed that I got the title from an All Time Low song XD)