12 Hours with You

I froze in front of the lady behind the desk as her words swirled through my waves of thought.

You have missed your flight.

My shoulders dropped as I finally accepted these words. But I had been planning this vacation for months now! My thoughts wandered over to before I was at the airport. I was in bed most of the day staring at blank pages. I just couldn't get my thoughts onto the pages. I would leave my bed to eat and use the bathroom. But did I get up to pack? No, I rolled in bed eating potato chips staring at blank pages. I shook my head dismissing my thoughts.

"Bu-But..." seeming to be the only thing I could process to speak.

"But, the next flight is in twelve hours. We can provide a hotel room for you two." she spoke gently and I blinked.

"Two?" I said turning my head for my eyes to meet a hazel pair. "Oh...uh hello." I said softly and quickly turned my head in the direction of the small lady. "Only one room?" I asked moving from one foot to the other.

"Yes, sorry sir." she said and I sighed in response. "I'd hurry if I were you, the temperature will be dropping as the night goes on."

I grumbled to myself in thought. Rustling behind me disrupted my thought process and I turned my head to look. The male with the hazel eyes was getting his bags. I sighed making the decision to do the same. I mean how bad could this possibly be?

I huffed as I tugged my bag on wheels on the glistening frosted sidewalks in the direction of the hotel. The hotel was close by but I was doing this on foot. Well...we were doing this on foot. And it's cold, I shuttered pausing my walk to rub my arms over the sleeves of my jacket. The male who was walking with me walked past carrying his bags no problem. I huffed seeing my breath with it being so cold. I started to roll my bag again and thanked the heavens when seeing a glowing sun colored sign that said Lizzie's Cozy Hotel.

"We're here." slipped from my lips and the male glanced at me.

"Really now? Not like there's a flashing sign with the words hotel on it." he responded with a slight curve of his mouth developing a smirk.

"I don't like your sas." I scoffed and marched up to the doors opening it to meet a nice welcome of heat.

We walked up to the desk with another male behind it. I began searching for the information in my files of memory of what the lady had told us. But I noticed that the male with me had already got a card to our room and walking towards golden doors of elevators near by.

I followed close behind and he stopped to press a button on the wall then the doors to an elevator eventually opened which we walked in swiftly. Their was no music that played as we went up which left silence all around us. The only way to get rid of silence is to fill the silence with something else.

"So um...what's our room number?" I asked glancing at the blinking numbers that showed what floors we were passing.

"Three-o-nine." he said and I glanced up at him to see his hazel eyes boring bullets into the elevator doors.

"Um..interesting. They must have a lot of rooms." I spoke the obvious and decided to look around the small space we were in.

"It is a hotel. Did you live in a box your whole life or something?" he muttered and I huffed glancing at him which he still made no eye contact with me since the first time we did at the airport.

"No, of course not." I grumbled and kicked the floor gently.

"Sure." he responded and I felt the cold silence rushing in again.

"What's your name?!" I blurted out and I felt him slightly flinch.

"...You can call me Wenchester, most call me by my last name so I would prefer to stick with it." he said in his low-tone voice.

"Well um you can call me Biello then, since we're going off last names." I said as their was a ding then the elevator doors slid open.

He let out a breath that sounded like he was holding and that it was a breath of relief. I pouted slightly as he walked out and I followed behind rolling my bag. It seemed like he didn't enjoy our small chit chat... Well it was awkward and to think we would have to share a room since we're complete strangers. Maybe I wouldn't have such a problem if it wasn't another guy and was a nice lady. He lead the way down the hall and stopped out of no where which caused me to bump right into him.

"Oh! Sorry." I said standing straight as he swiped the card ignoring me and opened the door going in.

I huffed following in and closed the door behind me. I glanced down at my watch first to find almost two hours passed by. Looking up I found Wenchester pulling out clothes. I started taking some clothes out for myself to sleep in. I think I would like a nice warm shower or bath first though before bed.

"Would you like to get cleaned first?" I asked glancing at him to blink as he took off his shirt.

"See something you like?" he asked his eyes landing on me and I coughed shaking my head quickly.

"Of course not!" I spat. "I'm taking the bathroom first!" I huffed grabbing my clothes making my way to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I started a bubble bath that I haven't had in a while. As a child I would always make beards out of bubbles. I laid back closing my eyes after I got in and relaxed. I heard loud pounding noises and jolted up opening my eyes.

"Hurry up!" I heard a voice yell and I grumbled recognizing the voice from Wenchester.

"Alright alright!" I huffed washing myself quickly and stood up grabbing a towel to dry myself off.

"Your taking too long!" I heard the frustration rise in his voice.

"Just hold your horses I won't be long!" I huffed and dried myself as best I could before sliding on boxers and halfway sliding on my spongebob squarepants pajama bottoms as I heard a creek.

I glanced up and my eyes met Wenchester's hazel ones. I felt my face burn like it was on fire. I yanked the bottoms up all the way letting out a breath and grabbed my white T-shirt pulling it on. I felt his hazel eyes still on me as I stared at the tan squares on the bathroom floor flustered.

"See? It wasn't that long." I said before quickly walking past him and closing the door behind me.

I had spent an hour in the bath tub and rolled around on bed with lots of thoughts running through my head as I realized it was close to midnight meaning it would be a new year soon. I sat up when I heard water draining and saw Wenchester come out with only boxers and a T-shirt on.

"Where's your pants?!" I yelled and he rolled his eyes at me walking towards me then got into the bed and under the covers.

I scooted over to give him more room and leaned back against the headboard playing with my fingers. I guess he was going to bed then? I bit my bottom lip and poked him getting a dirty look from him in response.

"It's going to be a new year in a few minutes." I contradict.

"So?" he said with a bored expression.

"So...their will be fireworks so we should watch or celebrate it somehow." I huffed and he propped up on his elbow.

"Open the window then." he said and I grinned getting up doing so then went back to my position before.

"So... where were you going to go?" I asked.

"Miami." he said.

"Me too!" I said loudly and covered my mouth as he laughed which my heart flipped from the sound of it. "Um for a vacation?"

"Actually no, to see my brother." he said and I nodded.

"Well I'm sure he'll be happy to see you." I said smiling and the curves of his lips happened to rise on both ends.

We talked most of the night laughing and smiling, then I heard a loud boom and then crackle. I turned to look out the window to watch a firework fade. I turned back at Wenchester to grin but something soft pressed against my lips making my eyes widen. Wenchester pulled away with a smirk.

"Happy New Years dork."