BTS performed for "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2018"

BTS performed for “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2018” on Sunday, as part of the annual Hollywood party.

The K-pop group, which is made up of seven members, is the first Korean band to take part in the iconic “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” festivities. “We’re honored to celebrate this amazing year and ring in 2018 by performing,” BTS tweeted earlier this month. The act has had a remarkable year in the U.S., rapidly climbing the Top 40 Billboard chart with their hit song “Mic Drop (Remix)” and being recognized as one of the top 10 acts on the year-end artist chart.

BTS propelled to stardom in 2013, scoring several newcomer awards in Asia. More recently, the band received the award for Best Korean Act at the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards, Choice International Artist at the 2017 Teen Choice Awards and Favorite International Artist or Group at the 2017 Nickelodeon Mexico Kids’ Choice Awards. They were even recognized at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards, winning the award for Top Social Artist. What’s more, the band gave their first U.S. television performance at the 2017 American Music Awards, where they performed their hit single “DNA.” They’ve also since appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live” and the “Late Late Show.

Chattanooga's #1 For New MusicWWChattanooga's #1 For New Music

As the Los Angeles segments for ABC’s New Year’s special are traditionally pre-taped, it’s believed BTS filmed their performance last month while in the country for the American Music Awards. In addition to BTS, the rest of the West Coast line-up was slated to feature Kane Brown, Kelly Clarkson, Fitz and The Tantrums, Khalid, Marshmello, Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth. And for the East Coast festivities, which are hosted live by Ryan Seacrest and Jenny McCarthy in Times Square, stars who planned to take the stage in New York City included Mariah Carey, Camila Cabello, Nick Jonas and Sugarland. BTS first performed “DNA,” followed by “Mic Drop.”