Chapter 14

4th week of school – Tuesday, 7th September...

My Korean really is improving now. I could speak more fluently and I know plenty more words too. The language classes I've been taking every Tuesday and Wednesday have been helping a lot. During the English periods on those days I get to skip class and instead go to the staffroom for extra Korean tutoring since I can already speak English. Everyone just thinks I dodge class to go with Jae Wook and I needn't explain to such people either. For a quick test that Miss. Ha had given me today, I passed! With 65%...hehe.

As usual, I was on my way to class after lunch with the fairies. We were still trying to calm Mi Mi down after she had supposedly confessed her love to Jae Wook this morning and got rejected before even opening her mouth.

She sniffed. "He said, 'I know what you're gonna say, so I'll answer you now, I'm not interested.' It took so much courage to go up to him and he just brushes me off like that!" Mi Mi cried some more.

Out of nowhere, Seri appeared in front of me, the school's most dumbest, nastiest, whiniest girl ever known at Seoul High. Her make-up was so heavy that you couldn't tell what her real skin colour is.

"You're the one with the accent, right?"

Why do I have to be blessed with it?

"Yeah?"

"Here", she said shoving me a note before walking past me and bumping into my shoulder.

I may avoid violence but I'm no pushover.

"Seri!" I called.

She paused and turned around.

"What?" she asked in an annoyed tone.

I walked slowly up to her and quickened my pace as I got closer.

"Whoops", I said airily, bumping shoulders with her as hard as I could.

She must be very weak, because I managed to make her fall over. I walked back to the others whose mouths were all widely opened.

"Come back here, you b1tch!" Seri yelled furiously from behind me.

I ignored her.

"Yura, aren't you scared of anything?" Tae Hee asked me.

"Yeah... lots of things. But no one needs to be afraid of people like her."

We continued walking. I quickly looked at the note Seri had given me. The first thing I noticed was Jae Wook's name scribbled at the bottom. I quickly scrunched the note up again.

"Who's it from?" Mi Mi asked me through her halting tears.

"It's a hate letter. Come on, we're late", I quickly said.

I sat down at my table and looked around making sure that no one was looking at me. I opened the scrunched note.

MEET ME AT THE PARK AFTER SCHOOL. YOU'D BETTER COME.

Omg. Where is he going to take me now?

I pray it's not to Mars.

---

I'm on my way to the park now, still hoping he's not gonna take me to Mars.

O0o. Nice car! I think it's a Porsche Boxster...

"Yah Kwon Yura!"

I looked up and saw Jae Wook standing on the swings and swinging. I walked over to him.

"Where do you want to take me now?"

He smiled cheekily and walked over to the Porsche.

OMG. He better not.