Ubme 5

A few moments of silence passed over me and Emily as she faffed around the room before taking out her phone and making a call out in the hall. I looked down at my body wrapped in cast with my arm also in a bright white cast and my mind realed and came to a stop when I realised something. I haven't been to school in nearly a month!. Oh god that's why Mr Palmer was at the door!. There was a light knock on the door and I tilted my head looking at the door to see it crack open and a nurse walk in with a tray in her grip and a mournful look in her eyes mixed with sympathy. "I brought you some lunch Brendon....It's what I read in the time magazine article what's meant to be your favorite" the young lady said also clutching the magazine with me on the front cover tucked under the tray. I let the smell of fresh fish and chips from the chip shop near my house fill my nostrils and I sighed out in delight loving the auroma I haven't smelt in such a long time. It's hard to believe that the last time I had it was with Travis when we skipped the day off school and nobody found out. The nurse scuttled to my bed side with a kind smile on her face as she beamed at me and placed the tray on my lap making sure the bedcovers made sure it didn't burn me before she looked at me slightly nervous. "Can I have an autograph on the magazine?" she asked in a small voice as if she was doing something wrong and is especting a no. I looked at the magazine before reaching out with my uncasted arm and let my hand take it from hers along with the pen in her pocket and sighed hearing her giggle in excitement. Anything for the fans. She left in a hurry after giving me a awkward hug and Emily came back in her face wearing a frown. This can't be good.

"What's wrong?" I asked her picking up the fork next to the plate of food and starting to pick at the battered fish crumbling at the touch. "I was just on the phone Mr Palmer what's coming down soon. He just said that the press have been out the hospital the whole time you have been here waiting for an interview or statement" Emily said in almost a whisper looking a little annoyed that they have dared to come here after all this time. I nodded my head solumly popping a chip in my mouth and thanking the heavens that the nurse had that article. This is so much better than hospital food!. "Well obviously I can't go down and tell them anything but do you think that you could go down and tell them that I need more time to mourn and when I feel I am ready to talk to them I will?" doubt heavy in my tone as I carried on putting chip after chip of heaven in my mouth loving the taste of the chips laced in vinegar and a little salt. "Sure do you want me to do anything else?" Emily said in a brighter tone making her look less broken then she had when she first came in but you could still clearly see the betrayal in her eyes what looked so empty and lonely making my heart slow down ever so slightly to see her in this much pain. "If it's not too much hastle can you get me some newspapers? I want to see what they have been saying" I said curious to know what lies they have been spreading whailst I have been out cold. She nodded with a trace of a smile on her lips and left literally skipping and left me alone with the chips but my mind was somewhere else. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Flashback ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Trav just skip with me!" I pleaded to Travis about to get the car and to school. He looked at me like I was crazy shaking his head and saying "But I have French with Emily! and you have football training!". I rolled my eyes at his stupidity and said "Come on just today! I will take you to Jimmy's and buy that necklace you have been ouggiling for Emily!". He groaned loudly and turned to me with a lopsided grin and finally braking saying "Fine! Only if you buy that necklace though! You know how mum always checks my account". I laughed at his stupidity because ever since he brought a box of condoms on his credit card and mum saw that he had she went bonkers and literally stalks his bank account what was hilarious considering that I buy worse things than that and no one ever knows all thanks to Travis helping me with that trap door in my room. I nodded my head and turned to the driver rolling down the glass seperating us and said "Can you take us to the jellery shop on 5th avengue then to the shopping center". I watched the driver sigh but drove off anyway knowing that he would have to agree after all it's hardly like he has a choice in the matter else he would just be fired. 

We made it to the jewlers in a matter of minutes and soon Travis was jumping out the SUV with me close behind. The owner met us at the front door with a grin knowing that we would be spending alot today and knowing that we will be his best customers in a while. "Hello Sir's what can I do for you today?" he said in a polite voice not giving anything away. I shrugged and turned to Travis saying "The necklace" not really sure what it looks like. Travis nodded in return with the biggest smile that I have seen since christmas when he got Emily under the mistiltoe. "It's a red ruby in the shape of a heart on a gold chain and had a matching braclet with it" Travis described as I wondered around the shop seeing rows and rows of multicoulored jewles on necklaces, rings and braclets all shining brightly in the lights showing them. I heard Travis and the owner walking off in deep descusion and sighed knowing my brother they would be a while. I walked slowly over to the counter seeing a blue diamond tear drop necklace on a thin silver chain calling to me. I was captivated in it's glory and I knew I had to get it. But for who?. Just as I was about to pick it up Travis and the owner came around and suddenly there was a flash from the shop window. Uh oh. 

"Damn it they found us" I said seething with anger as the owner looked at the window baffuled. "Can we take the stuff what Travis has and that blue teardrop necklace....thanks" I said in a rush pointing at the necklace as my eyes trained on the window seeing the press starting to get here. "That will be £1,575 please" the owner said with a huge grin. I guess he doesn't get many customers. I pulled out my wallet finding my credit card and put it in the cardslot before pressing my pin in and eventually putting it back in my wallet and into my pocket. "Here's your items and your recipest in the bag. Have a good day" the owner said handing me a black bag with the jewlers shop name on the front before I gave it to Travis and slowly made our way to the SUV. "Thanks" Travis said as we walked out and ran to the SUV getting bombarded with press asking questions like who the jewlery was for and have we both finally found the lucky ladies for us. I rolled my eyes and hopped into the truck and said "To the shopping center!" a smile creeping on my face. 

so what do ya think? please show support by comment, vote and fanning :D thanks!                             from annie xxxxxx