7. Just Say It!✔️

Tequila's POV

I stayed quiet for the ride home. I mean, who wouldn't when a man basically growls at you in a public food court for asking about his past.

I know he warned me, but I was curious, and y'know, curiosity killed the cat.

"You won't see me for the rest of the day." Is all he says as he leaves me standing in his huge house, some of the members present and simply watching our reaction.

I bite my lip awkwardly since he had already dumped my bags in our room.

"Are you hungry?" One asks and I shake my head.

"No, no, I'm fine."

"No really, we don't mind cooking for you."

"We?"

The seven of them all stand, a smirk on their face and my eyes widen.

"Oh. . okay."

× × ×

These guys weren't mean. They were babies!

"It doesn't taste good?" Blonde haired Ryner asks as he makes me taste his brownies and I almost moan with satisfaction.

"It is flipping amazing." Then they all wanted me to taste their food.

"Guys, if I eat all of these why would I need dinner?" I giggle and they all nod in agreement.

I would never consider them to be all trained murderers, they didn't seem like that. Yet, they were, and they were making me brownies and spaghetti.

"Where's Gnash?" I ask.

"Somewhere getting a girlfriend for someone's dog." I gasp.

He's trying to give Hugo a girlfriend?

No, no, I'm the only woman in his life and that's how it should remain.

Just wait till he gets here.

"So how does it feel to be married to the boss? Do you feel powerful?" Hayden asks and I snort.

"Powerful? Not at all."

"Well you should. You're basically a Queen now." He nods and the other agree.

Sure, but on what terms?

"Do you really love him?" George speaks up as he pours the sauce into the spaghetti.

So they don't know. .

"Yes." I lie and they grin.

"Finally, its been a while since we've ever seen the boss do anything like this. . let's just say. . his last girlfriend left a scar."

"Really?" I ask curiously. "What happened?"

"Well—"

"Having fun?" Asks a sharp voice and all of their expressions get back to cold and reserved. Ace, leans over to press a kiss to my cheek and I blush, averting my eyes.

"Yes. . they were just making me food."

"Really? Usually I have to force these guys to even get me a glass of water." Ace chuckles and I drink it all in. Gosh he sounded good. "I'm just going to steal her for a moment."

"I'll be right back guys!"

Ace pulls me to his office and I fidget with my hands, still thinking about the most likely meaningless kiss.

"I apologize for my behaviours earlier." He sits on his desk, crossing his arms and I nod, casting my arms to the floor.

"It's okay."

"I didn't mean to snap at you, or curse you. . family is a sensitive subject."

"It's really fine. You warned me."

"I did?"

"No prying." I murmur and he sighs.

"Look at me." I look up at him and I am almost breathless as his grey eyes seem to take me all in, consuming me. "I'll never make you feel bad okay? At least not purposefully. It's part of respecting you." He reaches out to tuck a strand behind my ear.

"Okay." I breathe in a trance.

"Let me take you out to make up for it." He says and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"I-I don't think that's necessary, it's nothing more than business after all." I whisper the last part and he seems a little conflicted by this.

"We need to make appearances. It's all for show, and to make up for how I acted."

"Oh. . well okay."

"Great, be ready for 8."