The shy, misunderstood guy with emerald eyes

Fun fact #3: Masashi Yukine's personality is partly based off of Akabane Karma from Assassination Classroom/Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. Don't worry, Yukine doesn't shove wasabi up people's noses and isn't anywhere close as violent as Karma.

~3rd person POV~

Since Masashi had been making fun of Tachibana's misfortune for his own entertainment, which made Tachibana wonder how he even became friends with this guy in the first place, he decided to cool off outside and just have some alone time.
-I'm going to go outside for a bit and swim in the sea, Tachibana told his two friends.
-Are you sure you don't want anyone to come with you? And do you really want to go swimming of all things, it's only an hour or so before sunset and it's not exactly the warmest outside, Shiro asked him.
-His face has blushed far too much for one day, so he needs to go and cool it off literally, Masashi teased with a smug grin.
-Y-Yukine! Anyways, I'm going now. I'll be fine alone, and it doesn't matter if it's a little cold, Tachibana responded and left shortly after, towel in hand.
He walked through the hallways and eventually exited the inn, heading to the beach.

-What are you drawing? Minako asked Yamamoto, who was sketching in her notebook again. She gladly showed her sketch, a proud expression on her face.
-I'm in the cooking club but I mostly make sweets, and I've been trying to think of some new cupcake designs, she explained as Minako sat down next to her to look at the sketch.
-This looks really cute! Is it ocean themed? Minako asked.
-Yeah, it is! But the design just doesn't feel right, I don't know what's missing, Yamamoto said and sighed.
-Maybe some seashells? They're typical for when it comes to ocean themed things, Odoroki — who had been listening in next to them — added. Yamamoto's face brightened.
-That's a great idea, thanks!
-Do you want me to go and fetch some seashells from the beach for you? I don't have much to do right now anyways, Minako suggested.
-Really? That would be a lot of help, thank you! Yamamoto thanked with a smile to show her appreciation. Minako stood up and opened the door, then started walking towards the exit.

Tachibana was swimming around in the water, had just gotten used to the temperature that had been colder than expected. He started floating on his back, emerald coloured eyes fixated on the sky, thinking through today's occurred events.
How could he had let nervousness take over so easily? It was almost as if something made all of his efforts to try to get closer to Minako fail.
Though that something was most likely just something called a nervous system, which you can't exactly control.
Suddenly, he felt a small wave splash him on the left side of his face. Then another one, and yet another one. Confused to why there were suddenly waves, since there was barely any wind, he stopped floating on his back and was going to stand up.
When his feet didn't reach anywhere to stand though, he realised that while he had been floating he had floated to where the water was way deeper than himself.
Not thinking it was much of an issue, he started to swim his way back to the beach, only to suddenly feel like something wrapped around his ankle and started pulling him down.
-What the—?! He said before the thing tugged at his ankle and he was completely pulled down underwater. Completely panicking at this point, Tachibana began to furiously try to swim up to the surface.

Minako took off her shoes and stepped into the soft sand, a small smile plastered on her face. There, she began to look for pretty or unique looking seashells, whatever that could give Yamamoto inspiration.
After only a couple of minutes, she had found some interesting ones; a few orange toned scallops, one that had spots and a couple of shiny, swirly ones.
Minako's thoughts of heading back to the inn were interrupted by the sounds of someone yelling for help and a lot of splashing. Turning to the ocean, she was met with the sight of someone quite far out in the water, seemingly drowning. A horrified expression replaced her smile and she immediately dropped all of the seashells and her shoes and ran towards the water, literally throwing herself forward into swimming. Minako's urge to get to the person who needed help grew stronger when she saw that he was suddenly no longer to be seen above the surface, so she put more strength into her kicks and tried to ignore the weight of her clothes. Getting close to where she last saw him above the surface, Minako took a deep breath and dove down underwater.
There, she caught the sight of an unconscious, familiar, black haired boy who was slowly sinking down to the bottom. She kicked her legs and was able to reach her hand out and take a hold of his, gripping it tightly before pulling him towards her. She then took her left arm and wrapped it around his waist, then using her right arm to swim up to the surface.
As soon as her face was above the water, she exhaled and took in a few quick breaths before laying Tachibana on his back so that he'd float and his nose and mouth would be opposite of the water.
-Thank goodness for swimming classes.., Minako mumbled to herself before swimming towards land while dragging Tachibana with her at the same time.
When back at the beach, she laid him down in the sand and collapsed on her back next to him, intensely panting and coughing a little.
-I'm— so tired—, she said in between the inhales, having used up basically all of her strength. Pushing herself up from the ground, Minako crawled over to Tachibana and noticed that he wasn't breathing. Horrified, she put her ear against his chest — and to her relief — heard a heart faintly beating.
-I need to make him start breathing again, otherwise his heart will stop, she mumbled to herself and put both of her hands above his heart. She did four compressions, then leaned down towards his face — but hesitated for a second.
-No, a life is way more important, Minako, she said and slapped her own cheeks, as if to resemble putting her thoughts straight. She then leaned down again, and,