Fourteen

One Year Later

  It was the night before Dan's birthday, June 10th, and he'd just realized something.

  He'd never told Phil his real age, he'd said he was eighteen when he was actually twenty, almost twenty one. Three years older than Phil, now at eighteen. It wasn't really a big deal, he was sure Phil would understand, it was the fact that he'd waited an entire year before actually remembering it. Because he had forgot.

  He had to tell him at some point, but he couldn't just outright say, Hey Phil, I never told you before, but I'm actually twenty one, not nineteen, sorry I waited a year, haha! Yeah, right.

  "What are you thinking about?" Phil said from behind Dan, wrapping his arms around his neck and resting his chin on Dan's shoulder. Dan smiled and kissed his cheek.

  "Nothing you need to worry about." He replied, and it was a complete lie, but he couldn't say anything just yet. He had to wait until the time was right.

  "When are Chris and PJ coming over tomorrow?" Phil asked.

  "Around three, I think."

  "Are they allowed to bring you presents?" Phil asked, and Dan laughed at his slightly irritated tone.

  "No, they are not."

  Dan had told Phil that he didn't want to receive any kinds of gifts for his birthday. Usually, he was excited when he got presents from his friends ( well, friend) and family, but this year he didn't really feel like he needed anything special. He had exactly what he wanted, right in front of him. Course, Phil hadn't been too happy about that, but he would have to deal with it.

  "Well, are you just gonna sit here all night," Phil asked, "Or are you gonna come to bed? We have to get up early tomorrow." Dan groaned at those words.

  "Why do we have to get up early, its only Chris and PJ. They're not special."

  "Its not just for them. We have to set up and stuff."

  "For what, exactly? We're not having a party, are we?" Dan asked sarcastically, and Phil scoffed, slapping his chest playfully.

  "Now come on. I have a surprise for you." Phil said, pulling Dan up off the couch and pulling him to their room.

  "I said I didn't want any presents." Dan said, following him reluctantly.

  "Trust me, its not the kind of surprise you're thinking about." Phil whispered, winking at him. Dan raised his eyebrows and smirked, but still, a small shiver went through him at the sound of Phil's seductive tone.

  "Thought we were getting up early." He questioned, and Phil laughed shortly.

  "Not that early."

  Their sex lives had been a bit, er.....active in the last year or so, but it was usually Dan that instigated it, this was different, new.....sexy even.

  Phil let go of Dan's hands, walking slowly to their room, taking off his shirt along the way and dropping it on the floor. Looking back at Dan, he winked and disappeared through the door, leaving Dan standing, staring after him. After a minute, he ripped off his own clothes right there in the hallway, running into the room and jumping on the bed after his boyfriend.

  So maybe presents weren't so bad after all.

                                       ***************************