-3-

Will pulls me almost painfully towards the door and I try to catch up with him. One of his steps trumped two of mine.

"Will," I say "what are you doing? You're hurting me."

He loosens his grip on me but doesn't stop moving towards the door.

"We need to leave." He replies, quickly flashing me a nervous smile and then looking towards the group.

I follow his gaze, and right before I slide out the door after Will, I catch Leonardo's eyes. He stares at me for a second, and then flashes me a smirk. I'm out the door by the time I process Leonardo.

Holy shit.

Will doesn't slow down once we get out. He pulls me to his car and opens the passenger door for me.

"I was going to walk home." I say.

"Get in. I'll drive you home." He doesn't wait for my response as he walks to his side and slides in, revving the engine.

I get into his car and he pulls his car out of Linda's parking lot onto the freeway to my house.

"Will?" I say hesitantly.

He doesn't respond but he tightens his hand around the steering wheel.

"Why did we leave? Is it because of Leonardo coming back?"

"It's all history now. You don't need to worry about it." Will lets out a forced laugh.

"What happened between you two last year?" I ask quietly.

"We...just had a little disagreement."

I can count on one hand how many times Will has lied to me, and this was one of those instances. Thinking he must have had his reasons, I left it at that despite my curiosity.

The rest of our ride continued in silence until Will pulled up to my house.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow before school?" Will asks.

I give him a nod and get out of his car. Watching his car pull out of my driveway, I hated how distant he seemed tonight.

----------------

"Hey"

"Morning"

"Thanks for giving me a ride"

"Anytime."

Looking at Will's profile, he seemed occupied with his thoughts. His eyebrows are pulled together and his lips pursed. I have no doubt it has something to do with last night. Seeing how distracted he is, I make no attempt to start a conversation and instead stare out the window until we arrive at school.

Driving pass the school gate, I strangely don't see anyone in the courtyard. It was all empty. No students standing around chatting and no one rushing to get inside before the bell rang.

"Shit" Will mutters.

"Huh?"

Turning his body to me, he says "Call me if any one of them bother you."

I knew exactly who he was talking about, but why would they bother me? I've coexisted with them for years and they've never approached me.

Like the idiot I am, I keep my lips shut instead of asking him.

"I'll meet you after school. Usual spot."

I slide out of his car and head inside to see swarms of people around the lockers. So that's where they are.

I shove through the hoard to get to my locker. It seemed like a losing battle when every step I take, I get shoved back two.

Okay, different approach.

I move towards the wall where there are less people, and I slide against the lockers to get to mine.

Before I reach it though, I run into a hard chest. Looking up, I meet the sharp blue eyes of Sebastian Wyon. Lucky me...

"Sorry." I mutter before moving to get around him. I look around and realize that I've hit the eye of the storm. I am right next to the Ken and Barbies who were the spectacle of all the other students.

Instead of letting me pass, he grabs my arms and holds me in place.

"Olivia." He says, looking at me as if I were his victim and him the predator.

Confused as to how he knew my name, I furrow my forehead. "Huh?"

"You're Olivia Went" He repeats, sounding quite pleased with himself.

"Uhh...I gotta get to class." I shake his arms off and move to the other side of the hall to avoid the rest of his group.

I breath out in relief when I reach my locker. Entering my combo, I pry the door open to get my books.

In addition to my stuff, I find a white rose and jewelry box sitting on top of my books. I reach out and take it in my hand to admire it. It was in full bloom and the thorns were uncut. I stuff it into the back of locker and reach for the jewelry box.

The little box was red velvet and Cartier was engraved in gold on the top. Holy...

I flip open the box and gasp.

Sitting on the cushion was a ring. When it caught the light, the diamond sparkled and refracted the light in the way only really, really expensive diamonds could.

Someone must have messed up the locker number or something.

I take the small note inside the box and flip it over.

Dearest Olive

For you as a pre-engagement.

Love,

L. C.