Day 2

Since today was a Saturday and I had no classes, I went out to the mall with my sister, Amara. She begged me to join her so I had no choice. I've been having a good time with her today, actually.

"How's college, Marceline?" She asked.

"Eh, same as always. I'm thinking of dropping out to be honest." Amara gasped.

"You shouldn't drop out! Just have patience, school will get better. Dad told us you'll thank him for convincing you to go."

I rolled my eyes. My dad is the reason I even went to college. He promised that it would be better than high school and it would benefit my future. I don't believe shit. I could be successful without going to college.

"Ooh, let's go to Rue21." Amara said.

I nodded and we went in. I looked around at the clothes and picked up a gray cropped hoodie and gray joggers to go along with it. Amara picked out clothes for herself too and we bought them. After walking around for a little longer, we sat at the food court eating ice cream.

"Have you talked to David yet?" I asked.

Amara pursed her lips and looked down. "I'm too scared to." I groaned. David has been her crush since last year. Ever since she met him on the first day of school, she won't shut up about him.

"How about you start slow and start a conversation with him?" I suggested.

"I don't know if I can." She muttered.

"Amara, what if he gets a girlfriend because you're too scared to make a move?"

"I-I don't know-"

"Woman up, little sis."

"Do you like anyone?" She asked.

"No."

"Let me guess, you don't talk to anyone."

"Bingo."

She groaned. "How are you ever gonna find the love of your life and get married if you push away every opportunity to socialize?"

"I'm 20 years old, I don't have to think about marriage for a long time. I wouldn't even mind if I stayed single for the rest of my life. People are annoying." I scoffed.

"Marcie~" A familiar voice cooed.

I rolled my eyes. Takuya. He came over to our table with Kenji and Daniel. Takuya leaned on our table and smiled at me. My eyes darted to Amara, who looked amused. I looked at Takuya.

"What do you want?"

He frowned. "Are you not happy to see me?" He asked, pretending to be hurt.

"No, I'm not. Hi guys." I waved at Kenji and Daniel.

Both waved and Kenji smiled. "Hi Marceline."

Takuya turned to Kenji. He narrowed his eyes at him. "Since when were you guys friends?" Takuya asked.

"We met yesterday." I answered.

"Yeah, Kenji was the first person she talked to." Daniel added.

Must they put my business out in front of my nosy sister? Takuya's face had an expression I couldn't read.

"Who's this, Marcie?" He asked.

"She's-"

"I'm her younger sister, Amara." My sister interrupted. She smiled at him.

"Wow, you're pretty like Marcie. Nice to meet you." Takuya took her hand and kissed it.

"Stop calling me Marcie." I snapped. I felt a hand on my shoulder. The owner of the hand was Kenji.