Chapter 21 : Falling Apart

(Warning: This story is about to get trippy.)

King Dice's POV

"Where the hell could he be!?" The Devil roared. He was pissed off when we found out Mug was kidnapped. "That damn Mike! Fuck you! You hear me!? Fuck! You!"
I took his arm,"Dev! Calm down!"
"No! I'm not going to 'calm down'! I'm sick of his shit!" The Devil pulled away. "First it was you, then it was Cuphead, and now this!? I'm done!"
"So am I!" Cuphead agreed.
I sighed. I love the Devil, but sometimes he can be a real hothead, and Cuphead's no better. Then again, I understand their frustrations. It's been a week since we last saw Mugman, and we can't find him anywhere.
"Yelling at the ceiling isn't going to do you any good," I crossed my arms. "There has to be another way of handling this."
"Well, we better find it quick! Who knows what that psycho's doing to my brother!" Cuphead ran his hands over his porcelain head, panicking.
Then it hit me,"What does he want with Mugman, anyways?"
They stopped.
"Hey, yeah! That is a good question!" Cuphead said. "What would he want with Mug?"
"Hm..." The Devil mumbled, pondering the question. "Maybe he wants something from Mug, that none of us would have."
"Like what?"
We thought about it. What does Mug have that we don't...?  I gasped, realizing what it was. Cuphead and the Devil turned to me quickly. The Devil asked,"KD? What is it?"
I answered,"Virginity! Mike want's Mug's virginity! It's the only thing that'll turn him mortal!"
The Devil rubbed his temples furiously,"Of course!"
"Wait! He already tried it with me! It didn't work! Why would he try again?" Cuphead brought up a good point.
"Unless, he isn't going to try it with him," I said aloud. "What if, he thought that since Dev and I fell in love and we did it, he could do the same thing?"
"What are you getting at?" The Devil eyed me.
"I'm saying... what if he tried to raise Mug like you raised me, hence falling in love and turning mortal?"
My eyes widened in fear, just listening to the hideous idea escape my lips. Then again, it made sense. Horrible, dreadful sense.
"Oh shit! Dice, you might be right!" The Devil looked at me fearfully.
Cuphead began to panic more,"You mean to tell me that that guy wants to make my brother his slave!?"
"What else would he want from Mug? Why else would he take him from us?" I argued.

"There is another reason."
We heard a voice.

We turned around to see him.
The Stranger, Mike.
We glared at him.
He smirked,"I want to see you all suffer."
Cuphead grit his teeth,"Give me back my brother! Or else I'll shoot more than just your eye!"
Mike chuckled maliciously, his eyes flashing purple. Wait-eyes? Both of his eyes were in tact. His hands sparked with dark electricity.
His smirk grew.

"Who's eyes did you shoot?"

Mike R. Phone's POV

I didn't think it was possible, but it got colder. The furnace stopped working, and the door lock froze over. We were trapped. The two of us were going to die.
On the plus side, since we've been stuck in our frozen prison for a week, Mug and I have gotten to know each other more. He forgave me for all the bad things I did, and I could feel the darkness in me fading away.
Mug was telling me the story about how he and his brother had to collect soul contracts for the Devil.
I laughed,"Wait-Cuphead did what?"
Mug grinned,"He sold our souls for money. I tried to stop him, but it obviously didn't work."
"Figures! That sounds just like him!"
The two of us laughed.
With a sigh, I smiled. Mug really is a good kid. I can see why the Devil would adopt him.
Dev... He probably misses Mug. So does King Dice, and Cuphead. Damn... I really screwed up. I thought to myself, my smile gone.
"Mike? Are you okay?" Mug broke me out of my thought process.
"What-Oh! Yes, I'm fine," I quickly answered.
He pursed his lips,"There's something on your mind. I can tell."
I looked at him,"You're right. Nothing gets past you, huh?"
He nodded,"So what's on your mind?"
I lowered my head,"I...I've been an ass. To literally everyone. I was just so mad about being immortal, that I hurt and killed people just to get what I wanted. I....I even killed...your parents."
He gasped, covering his mouth with his hands. Tears formed in his eyes,"My parents...?"
I buried my face in my hands,"What have I done!? What was I thinking!? I'm the world's largest loser, and now everyone's suffering because of me! I hate this...I hate myself..."
I glanced at Mugman. He was just staring at me, tears falling down his face. I realized that I was crying too.
"I'm sorry...I'm...I'm sorry..." I whimpered. "You don't deserve this...no one deserves to suffer...except me....I don't care anymore...You have every right to hate me...I deserve to be hated... I'm sorry...."
I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I looked. Mug was hugging me, still crying.
"No one deserves to suffer, not even you. You shouldn't have done those horrible things, but your never too late to be forgiven," Mug said, solemnly.
I hugged him,"I'm going to fix this. Right now."
I let go of Mug and stood up. I approached the door, but didn't bother with the lock.
BAM!
I kicked it off it's hinges.
I turned around,"C'mon, kid. Let's get your grandfather, and get the hell out of here."
He dried his tears and nodded.
The two of us ran through the hallways, desperately looking for Elder Kettle.
Then we found him. As soon as I unlocked the cell, Mugman ran in and hugged Elder Kettle.
"Mug?" Elder Kettle said.
"I missed you! I'm sorry for running away!" Mug began to tear up again, but this time he was smiling.
The old man hugged him back,"Oh, Mug. I missed you too... I'm so happy you're safe..."
I smiled lightly. I wish I had a family.
I stared at the ice-covered walls, it showed my reflection.
I was just a broken husk, with one busted eye and one glowing, yellow eye. My vest was tarnished, and my bow tie was ripped. I had cuts and dents everywhere on my body, but I was alive.

That's all I need, I guess

To Be Alive.

(A/N)
I bet most of you still hate this guy, am I right? Well, I told you, things are about to get confusing so if you have no freaking clue as to what's going on, that's okay. You'll soon find out. Until next time...

1/4/18