Eight

Tonight, I decided I wanted to look nice. I don't own many nice pairs of clothes, but I put on a pair of leather pants with zipper pockets, and I cleaned up an old pair of black high heels. I wore a black top, and a small, red jacket over it. I made my makeup a bit more flamboyant than I ever had before, and I was ready to go and impress the hell out of some guys.

"Lucy, your boyfriend is here!" Molly shouted teasingly from downstairs, making me smirk. I put the lid back on my bright red lipstick and took one last look in the mirror. I then checked the clock hanging on the wall. He was half an hour early. Perfect, I thought with a smirk.

I rolled my suitcase out of my room and down the steps, ignoring the loud thumping noises it was making when it hit each stair. I was feeling petty.

"What are you wearing, Lucy?" Molly asked me in horror. She looked me up and down, and her facial expression looked as though she had just seen a ghost.

"The outfit you wish you could pull off," I said, and I walked out the door. Axl was standing right in front of me when I opened it.

Axl's jaw dropped, and he blinked somewhat rapidly. "Hot damn, lovely Lucy, it's just Disneyland not a nightclub, but we can do that instead if you'd like," He said, scanning me up and down, and not trying to hide it.

I shook my head. "Disneyland is fine. Plus, I just look like this to make my sister jealous," I said, then he noticed my suitcase.

Axl pointed at it. "What's that for, Lucy?" He asked.

"Oh, that.. I'm also trying to find a new place to stay. We got in a pretty bad argument," I told him as he walked me out to the van where the rest of the band was.

"You can stay at my place," Axl offered. I began to lift my suitcase to put it in the small trunk, but Axl took it from me and did it himself.

"I don't know if I want to crash on the sofa and be a burden to you for the next, who knows how long," I told him.

"Well, I was thinking about getting a bigger apartment, so it would only be for a little bit, unless," He said, his voice trailing off.

"Unless?" I asked, trying to get him to continue. What did he mean, "unless?"

"Never mind, Lucy. You didn't pick up on the hint and I'm not explaining it, but once you figure it out, it's always open," He said somewhat jokingly, opening the van door. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Woah, you're looking good, Lucy," Duff complimented.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You look like a completely different person," Slash said as I crawled to the backseat of the van and sat by Axl.

Duff was driving, Izzy was in the passenger seat, Slash and Steven took the middle two seats, and Axl and I were in the very back.

"Also, good news," Axl said to me.

"What?" I asked excitedly.

"I got you the job! The manager said you can start in a couple of days," Axl said, playfully punching my arm.

"Axl, that's great! Thank you!" I told him. I almost wanted to reach my arm over him to give him a squeeze, but I stopped myself.

"Let's listen to music. Izzy, turn on the radio!" Slash said.

Izzy did so and he flipped through the stations. "How about some Rolling Stones?" Izzy asked, turning up the radio. Everyone agreed and sang along to the radio.