The Aftermath

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

-

Dinah Jane.. Lost then Found

I blinked again, looking at Normani

I blinked again, looking at Normani. She stared back at me, frozen. My lips were still tingling from the kiss.

Our. First. Kiss.

Normani's First Kiss.

My first kiss.

Finally. I'd had my first kiss.

Her lips were so soft and so sweet. I couldn't help, but gaze down at them again. I was still trying to figure out what she was to me, mystical match or whatever, but I did know that I liked her and I really liked kissing her.

"Normani?" I smiled.

She was so freaking cute. I think she was breathing, but she didn't move. A little piece of her hair was slightly out of place from the others on her forehead. My hand moved up to her face so I could fix it for her.

Finally she moved just as my hand reached her hairline. Her gaze followed my fingertips as I gently tucked it back into place. "Are you sure?" she asked. "Do you know what that would mean for you, for us? You really want that?"

"Yeah, I think so," I said honestly. We needed to talk A LOT, but I couldn't deal with her being upset anymore. I did want to stay and I did want to be with her. "I know it'll be different, but I want to try."

Normani smiled then. It really was the most beautiful smile. She was beautiful.

For some reason I was feeling really brave and I think part of me, well all of me, really enjoyed the feeling of Normani's lips against mine. I leaned forward again. Her eyes softened a bit and this time her hand came up to my cheek. She leaned closer to meet me half way, but when our lips were an inch or so apart, Normani flinched away, looking up. For a moment I was really confused until I felt it too. A few large raindrops falling from the sky.

"Oh. We should get you inside before it really starts," Normani said sweetly. I looked down to see that she was looking at my arm. It was covered in goosebumps. It was really warm out, but I think somewhere in the back of my head I associated rain with freezing my ass off.

"Okay," I said hesitantly. I still wanted to be alone with her.

She stood then and extended her hand to me. "Don't worry everyone will be getting up very soon. The quarters will be empty by the time we get back."

"Are you doing this?" I teased, hinting towards the rain. When I was upright I automatically dusted off my butt.

"No, I promise. It does rain every so often. The trees need to drink too," she said with a smile again. I was becoming a little addicted to it.