Chapter 1

"What the fuck!?" I exclaimed in panick, as I am jolted awake by my head banging against something hard. It sent a wave of tickling pain through my entire body, and my lungs feel like collapsing after being out for so long. The dryness in my mouth, the unstable breaths I take for each second that pass and my eyes not adjusting to the light, if there even was any, it is simply unbearable. Where the hell am I?

I feel my stomach twisting, readying myself to vomit any minute, as it is too dark to see anything here, but still I can feel myself being in motion. Even if my body hurt, and I was on the egde of turning myself inside out, I still tried to focus on the sounds around me, desperately hoping to hear something. Anything.

Then I heard it, like a metal box scraping against walls, like an elevator bringing me somewhere. Which way it went, I was too weak to tell because I had lost all sense of navigation after being out. An idea popped into my head, and I stuck my finger into my mouth. The tase was disgusting, it was if I had sdipped my fingers into a vial of salt just to stick it in my mouth right after. Naturally, some icky tastes didn't bother me at this very moment, seeing I faced a much bigger problem than that. I extended my arm, and let my index finger be the only one extended. After a few seconds, I touched it with the index and thumb on my right arm, and the upside had dried while the bottom was still moist. It confirmed that I was going upwards, so at least I knew that I would end up somewhere 'high.'

"Hey! HEY!" I shouted, a part of me knowing no one would hear me, but I still did it for that very faint hope that still were within me. My fists continuously jammed the barren, metal wall of whatever box this was, surrounding me, somehow imagining if I just did it long enough, and hard enough, I'd magically make it outside and return home. Home to my family, home to the beautiful city of...

...

The beautiful city of...

By this point my fists had stopped hammering the walls, and my body was resting on my arms instead. "What the fuck.. where am I? W-why can't I remember my family?" I groaned, choking on a hulk. When I thought about it, I couldn't remember anything. Or, I did, I remember having a family, and living in a city.. but I couldn't remember who my family were, or what city I lived in. My eyes, they began welling up, and my head ached. I was so confused, why had this happened to me?

"WHY ME!?" I cried out, just wanting to let out all of that frustration, confusion, anger and distress that was building up in my chest. I had forgotten my origins, how could I betray my family like that?

My heart skipped a beat as the metal box abruptly stopped, causing my whole body to jack upwards and slam right back down into the floor again. By now I had stopped crying, but my cheeks were still stained, and my heart still pounded inside my chest. It almost felt like it would explode right here and now, but naturally it wouldn't.
Minutes passed, and these minutes felt like hours. Hors of just lying there, waiting for what would happen once the box opened. If it opened. It did. Suddenly, a light peaked through a small crack that appeared in the centre of the roof, growing and expanding for each second, until there were nothing more than a white light all over.

"Am I.... dead?" I whimpered, not intentionally trying to sound like I was scared, but it was a natural reaction for me in these kinds of situations. I don't remember ever being in a situation that made me scared, but it feels like this is the right way to react for me.
Voices. The light, it came with voices. Was it angels? Thump! The sound of someone jumping, snapped me out of this hazy unconsciousness I was drifting into.
"Day one greenie, rise and shi-" the silhouette of a person came visible through the light, and their voice were deep, but not too deep, and had a childish tone to it, so I assume it is a boy. Though, he seemed to cut off in the middle of the sentence, as if he was startled by something.

These next moments were intense. Because my eyes had yet to adjust to the bright light, I could not see anything that thappened. The only thing I saw was the silhouette of this boy, who stood there like a zombie. Nobody said anything, and all the murmurs I had heard while this box opened, had ceased to exist. The silence was unbearable, and it made me really uncomfortable.
Trembling, I gulped and felt my body get warm, beads of sweat starting to form in my forehead, and on my chest. Everything was so scary, and because no one said anything or tried to communicate with me I felt sick. So horribly sick.

It happened again. The nausea hit me in the stomach like a baseball bat, and because this situation made me anxious, I had no idea how to react, resulting in me vomiting all over myself as I was pressed against the wall.

As I vomited, it sparked some reactions from those around me, and the silhouette came close to me, picking up my arm right arm, swooping it over his shoulder.
"Newt! Get down here, you slinthead!" the boy called out towards the light, and shortly after another silhouette jumped down. Because the two of them casted a shadow on my face, the bright light got distorted and my vision finally adjusted. Around the box, was a group of boys staring down. So many different people, yet they were all boys. Young too, probably around my age. What were they doing here, and where were all the adults?

My body was carried, and hoisted up from the box, and the two guys began moving me towards a huge construction, a construction that looked very... 'antique,' one could say. Surely, antique wouldn't even be the right word, because it looked like it had been made in the bronze age or something based on how poorly it was built.

I vomited again, this time followed by a whimper, that turned into a silent hulk. Everything just pained me, and the headache got worse. I wanted to go home, back to my family. "Don't worry, greenie. We'll take good care of you. You have my word." the boy named Newt said, and his deep voice was laced with a thick british accent, contrasting the other boy's lighter and more childish tone. Still, his voice made me feel safe, and instinctively, I trusted his words without doubt. My tears on the other hand, still flowed because of my anxiety that was strenghtened by this incident. Could I call it that? It felt like it, so for now I'd go with it.

I guess I should just let myself cry, or... maybe not, I don't want to look like a sissy. I tensed up, gritting my teeth as I forced myself to stop crying. I looked to my right, there was the first boy who had approached me, he was looking fixed forward. I turned my head to the left, and saw Newt. His face turned to mine as I looked at him, and our eyes met. They were a dark brown, very warm, though he apprehensively looked back forward after about two seconds. So did I, except I lowered my gaze to the ground in front of me.

At least they were decent people, trying to help me after making such a mess of myself. That's really considerate, and something tells me I'm going to get along with them.