Lost in Thought?

A/N: NCIS 15x11 was such a good episode and I really think that Bishop and Torres have the potential to be a really good couple, so i decided to write a story. I hope you like it :)

It had been a week since their undercover op. Three days since Ellie had left to take care of her mom who had broken her arm. Four days until she would be back. Everyone at NCIS missed Ellie but they knew she would be home soon.

  After finishing up a case, everyone on Team Gibbs had gone home for the night, except for Nick Torres and Abby Scuito.

  Abby walked into the bullpen after finishing up the work in her lab. She looked around the room and saw that everyone was gone. Everyone except for Nick. He was sitting at his desk, blankly staring off into the space of Ellie's vacant desk.

  "Nick?" Abby questioned, approaching his desk.

  "Abby!" He startled, "what the hell?"

  "Did I scare you?" She asked, knowing he would never admit to being scared.

  "No you didn't scare me. I don't get scared. Just a little surprised." Nick said, trying to cover up.

  "Why are you still here? And why are you staring at Bishop's desk?" Abby asked.

  "I had to finish some paperwork after the case and I just got lost i thought, I guess..." he trailed off, gathering the papers lying around his desk into a stack. Abby stood there in silence, just watching him.

  "You were thinking about that kiss, weren't you?" She said, making it more of a statement than a question.

  "What are you talking about?"

  "I think you know exactly what I'm talking about."

  "Abby we were undercover. Things happen. It wasn't real. She was just keeping our cover."

  "But I think it was more than just 'keeping your cover' to you. Right? Every time i've come up here to help since she's been gone, all you've done is stare at her desk."

  "Maybe I just miss my partner. Working with McGee all the time isn't really my idea of a good time."

  "Nick, you really should try to be nicer to him. He knows you miss her. We all do. She'll be back
in four days. But don't lie to yourself. I've seen the way you looked at her after that mission. I've seen that look before. It's the way Tony looked at Ziva; the way Tim looks at Delilah. Something has changed. And it's up to you whether you do anything about it or not. Have a good night, Nick."  

  With that, Abby left the NCIS building, leaving Nick alone, sitting in stunned silence. He finally got himself together and got in the elevator, exited the Navy Yard, and drove home.

  As he lay in his bed that night, Abby's words echoed through his mind

  "Don't lie to yourself. I've seen the way you looked at her . . . Something has changed."

Do I have feelings for my partner?

_________________________________________
So that's chapter one 😁 leave a comment and let me know what you think, and remember to vote 💗 love you!!!!
- tivawaigequintis (beth)