ONE// Just another day

Melanie's P.O.V

     Hi, the name is Melanie. Let me introduce myself. I am 14, live on my own because I lost my parents when I was young, and homeless. I know what you are thinking, why don't I go to a homeless shelter or a foster home but when I was younger, I got abused by the owner of the foster home. So I decided to live on my own.

     Today is another day just trying to survive. I barely have any money to buy some food, so I'll just have to wait till I get some more cash at the local town fair today. I enjoy to draw, so I do it for a living I guess. So I plan to create a drawing stand where I draw portraits of people at the fair. I began to walk to registration of the fair.

"Hi, I would like to register for a stand please." I told the lady

"Alright, just sign here and here is your card and stand number." While she handed me a paper to sign and my card/stand number.

"Thank you." I smiled to her before walking away.

You're probably surprised that she didn't interrogate me on aren't you a little young to set up a stand. Well I am tall enough to pass for an adult anyway.

I began to go to my spot and started to set up. I put up my easel, paper, paints and colored pencils. Now I just have to borrow some chairs and a table, and wait for the people to come. Hopefully it will be a good day for me.

Harley's P.O.V

Today my parents decided to take my siblings and I to the local town fair. Today is the only day I know that I will be happy to hang out with my family. Every once a year, we all go to the local town fair and our parents let us spend whatever we want.

We are just waiting on Rachel, she always takes forever on getting ready and leaving. But thankfully, she didn't take so long today. We all got in the car and for once I got to sit away from Lewis and Beast. I won a bet with Georgie and I get to sit in her seat of the car for a whole month. Good luck to her dealing with those two. I began to talk to Ethan.

"Hey Ethan, you excited today for the fair?"

"Are you kidding, of course I am. I going to try to find some girls at the ring toss booth and other games and try to impress them with my amazing skills."

"Oh jeez, have fun with that."

"Oh I will, what about you?"

"100% I am excited about today and there is no doubt about that. You know that invention kit I try to win every year?"

"Yeah..."

"I feel like its the year I finally going to win it. Even though its some cheap kit, as an inventor you will never know what you can make out of it."

As I was finishing my sentence, I realized that we were at the fair. I jumped out of the car only to remember that every year mom assign some of us older kids to watch one of the younger ones. I just hope I don't get one.

"Alright kids, let's do this fast, so we can start with the fun." Mom started to say.

"Rachel you have Daphne, Ethan you have Lewis, and Georgie you have Beast. Harley you don't have to watch any."

"YESSSS!!!" I was so happy that I don't have to deal with any of the younger kids which means nobody can be in my way of winning that invention kit. And mom began to hand each one of us some cash to play the games, rides, and food.

Mom/Suzy's P.O.V

I am glad that I don't have to deal with the kids today and just relax. I started to walk around the fair with Tom (the kids' father/ husband) and I saw a girl at a booth that was alone with no parents and seem upset. So I began to walk towards her booth.

Hoped you like this story so far :) Comment and press that star button if you want more.