Prologue

I've never seen a baby as precious as the one I'm holding. I knew as soon as I held him in my arms I would do anything for him no matter what.
    I may only be fifteen but I will make sure that my baby brother doesn't go through the things I did and I know one thing for sure he will never feel unloved.
    I feel him stir in my arms and when he opens his eyes I feel even more love for him. I didn't know I could love someone as much as I love him and I haven't even known him for a day and he already has my heart.
    "Are you going to hold him all day?" I turn my head to the right side where my mother is.
    Even though she's my mother I despise her, all she cares about is herself. She's not always been that way she used to be a caring mother but that was many years ago. She changed a lot ever since she got hooked on drugs and started selling her body for money ever since she lost her job.
    "What does it matter to you, you know as soon as we leave here you'll just act like he doesn't exist like you do with me." I reply in a bitter tone.
    She opens her mouth but closes it just as quickly as she opened her mouth. She knows what I'm saying is true, I'm just glad she didn't say anything back because I'm not ready for a argument especially in front of my baby brother.

    About 5 minutes later a nurse comes in. When she does she smiles and looks at my little brother then at my mom. "Hello Mary I was wondering if you picked out a name for the little man yet?" The nurse asks my mom while smiling.
    "How about you name him Grace since you seem to act like he's yours." When my mom says that she she says it sweetly like she's joking around since I'm holding him but she's not it's just all for show. I know she said that because of what I said earlier.
    I know she wasn't expecting me to answer but I'm not going to let that evil woman name my baby brother so I do exactly what she said for me to do I name him. "I think the name Gabriel would be the perfect pick for him don't you mom?" Once I say that I glance up at her. She has a angry expression on her face but as quickly as it appeared it was gone with a fake smile in its place.
    "Yeah I think Gabriel would be a great name honey." She replies with the smile still plastered on her face.
    Once she says that she starts talking to the nurse, I tune them out and turn all my attention back on my little brother, Gabriel.

Comment
Follow
Share
Instagram: bribri_1116