Chapter 2: Emerald Eyes

Wow, okay. So I'm dead, first of motherfucking all. Second, none of my friends even know I'm right in front of them. I thought Tommy would at least sense that I was there. He always has this weird way of knowing when I was around. This is why I could never sneak up on him, or even lie to him. He knows me better than everyone else.

What the hell happened? I was just trying to live life. The only people who cared about me set up a really nice way to celebrate my seventeenth birthday. My first real birthday party just had to be poisoned with my mom's presence. And her arsenic or some shit.

I used to read these stories online about what happens when you die. Some people go straight to heaven, or hell, or where ever right after they get judged. Some get judged by the Egyptian gods, others by their guardian angels. I remember one story that tells about how some people get a week or just a few days to roam around Earth, much like I am now, before they go to their "realm", let's call it a realm. They get this waiting time while the god or gods are judging them and deciding which realm they'll go to.

 I don't remember exactly, but I think your age and number of sins contribute to how long you have to roam. I think if you're older that fifteen, you get more than four days and if you're older than eighteen, you get a week. The thing is, I don't know what time I died, so I didn't know if I had a week or nah.

If I had four days, what would I do? Well, I had no responsibilities or anything I needed to do, really. But I was dead curious. (Ha ha, get it? Dead curious. Lol I'm a fuck up) Where is my mom now? Had she even visited me in the hospital? What ever. I left all my fucks home, sorry, but I can't give one right now.u

My mom had to be a suspect now. Something's off with this whole thing. I know she hated me, but it would seem a little too much to kill me and attempt to murder my friends too. What would that benefit her? She'd have to pay for the funeral anyway, and I'm sure my guys would demand she have an extravagant funeral for her only daughter. It wouldn't benefit her, that's the thing. So why did she do it?

Maybe she didn't? Naahh, she totally put the poison there, But why. Why, why why? I couldn't think this hard, I need someone who can tell me what's going on. How am I supposed to do that? Tommy Della, probably the closest person to me doesn't even know I'm here. No one talked to me at all today, ever since I woke up in that room with that annoying....doctor.

Wait a minute, that doctor talked to me today! There's someone who can communicate with me! But what If that was before I died? What if he couldn't actually hear me?

*flashback*

""Bitch," I muttered when he leaved. He walked by the small window in the door and said, "Heard that," as he walked past. 

*End* 

Confirmed, he would be able to hear me and communicate with me. Now, I just have to find Doctor Levinsky.

************************************************************************************************************

I searched the entire hospital, and there was no sign of the attractive doctor. Attractive? Where did that come from? Anyway, I searched all fourteen floors in the hospital, constantly stopping by the cafeteria to check on my guys. They went back to normal, teasing and playing with each other. A couple times, their faces were red with frosting and white smiles were the only thing you could see besides that.

I sighed heavily, knowing that I could never ever do that with them ever again. Sad, but I have a guy to find, and I have no time to waste. I have no more patience or time to use up, so i go to a computer while the receptionist is gone and look up "Levinsky" in the search engine. I see two results and click the second one, by force of habit

        Levinsky, J. Lain, 25, Male, Doctor, 

I didn't bother to read the rest. It was just a boring and Long description of him and his accomplishments. I went back and clicked the first profile.

         Levinsky, N. Sirzsy, 19, Male, Doctor,Surgeon, Psychiatrist, Pediatrician.

 Wow, nineteen and already smarter than a lot of people. This must be him. I looked for anything about his eye color. Bingo. Eye color: Emerald/Green *extremely bold*. His schedule was posted here too, so that was very useful. I didn't have time to check it out.

"I know I'm hot, but you didn't know you'd have to research me to find out where I was." Hey, I found him. More like he found me. He was behind me, checking some files and doctor shit, acting like I wasn't there, but talking to me. The nerve.

"Don't flatter yourself. There's reason I was looking for you," I retorted. I closed the window and stood in front of him.

"I know there's a reason: you think I'm hot and were looking for me. Would you mind moving? It's just a little retarded to see me talking to thin air. I am Novan Levinsky, after all," he smiled with a cheeky grin. My response was a middle finger, that apparently only he could see. "Darling, I'm avoiding your eyes because then I would really look retarded. I mean, Who the hell talks to a five foot four bubble of air? In a hospital? Behind the receptionist's desk? With a green-eyed person? More specifically, me? That's right, you don't, because I'm Novan Levinsky," he stated.

"I'm so very terribly sorry sir," I moved out of the way instantly and got down to one knee and bowed my head. Sarcastically, of course. I don't bow down to any bitch. "Is there anything else you'd like me to do? Would you like me to cover the floor in gold before you step on it sir?" I was still in sorry-slave-girl mode. I god to both knees, praising him like a god, while saying, "Or shine your shoes or bust your lip? Or break your neck, or twist your ankle, or break your arm, or fucking kill you?" He did nothing but laughed. "This fucking bubble packs a punch."

"About time a woman found her place. One on her knees is very useful, And good, too." He laughed again, this time, a stronger and more supported. Supported? Dammit. There's really almost no way to explain his laugh and just the sound that comes from his in general. It's a low pitch that's just so.... irritating and it pisses me the fuck off. It's just so... mockingly adorable. It's just so silky and smooth. You can so literally feel your chest vibrating when he talks.

A lot girls dream and drool over someone like that. Tall, pretty eyes, dark hair, intelligent, humorous, low voice, cocky, dumbass, stupid, asshole, bastard, overly confident, and so on. Then there's me.

"So please explain to me what's going on with me." I stood up so he wouldn't come up with anymore smartass jokes

"You're dead, remember? I told you that this morning when I was trying to get you to wake the hell up. Remember that?" Oh yeah. I forgot I thought it was Matty joking, but apparently not.

"Oh yeah. So why aren't I down in hell yet? How long is my waiting period?" I asked. I knew I had some time, a couple days, but exactly how many?

 "You have about six days. You died on your birthday, so I'm not really sure how old you were when you died. By the way, you'll stay the same age for the rest of eternity." Really? Wow, eighteen for the rest of forever!

"Why can't anyone hear, see, sense, or communicate with me?"

"You're dead. Can you see the dead when you're living? No because they're meant to be kept apart."

"So then why can you communicate with me?" I asked. That made him just freeze. He was in the middle of arranging a file folder and he just froze.

"Because I'm special."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Special? I'd tell him he was retarded, but I needed to know why he could communicate with me and why Tommy or my guys couldn't.

"I'm dying secretly. Don't try to tell anyone though, they won't believe you. Or even know you're talking to them." I like how even when he knows he's dying, he can still make his words humorous.