I ~ I

Chapter One
Gwendolyn S. Curheart

    When Gwendolyn Curheart received her letter to Hogwarts, she was sitting in her bedroom, and combing her hair.

    She had barely gotten the brush through the last of her unruly blonde locks, when Lexus -- her pure white snowy owl -- came rapping on the window sill. Gwendolyn immediately grabbed for the letter, taking one look at the red seal before turning to read the front.

To Ms. G. Curheart
The room with the Lavender curtains
727 North Cross Street
Appleby England

    Well, they weren't wrong there. Gwendolyn was in fact the only one with lavender curtains. It was the one thing she insisted upon when her mother reorganized the entire house last spring.

    The girl tore out of her bedroom, running down the steps as quickly as she could with her hand gripping the parchment tightly. "Mum! Mother!" She screamed, turning into the black and blue common room. The fire was lit, emitting a golden glow across the other wise white-lit room, and even though the flames were burning hot, the room remained cool.

    A dark haired women, sitting with her nose stuck in a book, mumbled to herself as she rested her head on her arm chair. "What is it dear?" She asked, turning from her book and raising an eyebrow at her daughter.

     As a graduated Ravenclaw, this was typical for Sophia Curheart. Her head was always buried within a story, and she seemed to have little time for any nonsense that her 11 year old daughter spoke. She did of course love her, but as time went on, it was hard for her to relate to children.

    Of course, that's where Gwendolyn's father came in. He was the more outspoken one, and -while he loved his wife dearly- he constantly needed to remind her that she could learn just as much from children, as she could from books.

     Well, at least that's what he said.

    Gwendolyn waved the letter right in her mum's face, trying to gain her full attention before reading out proudly:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Curheart,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,