Chapter 20

I look in the mirror and double check my outfit. It's a short black pencil skirt with a white long sleeved v neck and a black jacket with black heels.

It's 1:30 and I'm ready to go after having my lunch. I start to drive considering I have lots of time. When I get there using the directions that were sent to me by Ethan yesterday, I park my car in an available parking space and walk into the tall glass building.

The lobby is modern, packed with people speeding around in different directions, black chairs, white counters and gold and white walls.

I suddenly collide with a hard surface. It's someone who looks a lot like Ethan but instead of a single blue streak has several blonde streaks in his hair.

"Uhm..sorry" I cough awkwardly.

"It's fine, who are you looking for?" He says in his deep husky voice that makes my legs tremble noticeably. He smirks and I answer his question quietly.

"Mr.Dolan"

"Well I'm Mr.Dolan, I don't know if you were looking for me. Were you?"

"I-uh-um" I stutter still mesmerised.

"Words kitten"

Shit.

"I was looking for E-Ethan"

"Okay well you seem a bit nervous and Ethan can be quite intimidating sometimes so why don't you come to my office"

I have no choice but to follow him, it's 2:15 so Ethan won't be here for another 25 minutes.

He stops at an elevator and we step in.

"My name is Grayson by the way, on formal events call me Mr.Dolan though."

"Okay Grayson" I smile.

The lift pings indicating that we have reached the floor we wanted.
We step out onto a quiet level, barley anyone is here.

I follow Grayson until we get into his office. There's a huge glass window as soon as I step in, giving me access to see thousands of people walking, running or jogging to places. Shops being entered and cars being drove. There's a clear desk and a brown leather chair. On the desk is an Apple Mac, box of tissues and some neatly stacked paper work.

The rest of the office has two leather brown couches opposite sides of each other and a long clear desk in the middle with black chairs which I assume are for meetings.

Then there's a metal cabinet with lots of drawers which probably have files and paperwork in them. He sits as his desk and I just stand at the door, it obviously being closed.

He stares as I make my way around the long table and sit at the chair closest to his desk.

"So, would you like to be my new assista-"

He's cut off by Ethan bursting into the room.

"Bro have you seen..." He trails off with whatever he was going to say and looks as me. His eyes go dark and he makes fists with his hands.

"Madeline, please follow me" He says as if trying to be polite but it's clear that he's furious.

"O-Okay, bye Grays- oh no Mr.Dolan,it was nice to meet you" I nervously smile and wave at him.

He nods and looks at me confused.

I walk out of the room and mutter a thank you to Ethan who is holding the door for me.

He storms out and grabs my hand roughly. We go to the elevator and he calls it.

When we step in I notice that we're currently on floor 7 and he's pressed 15.

He pins me up against the cold metal wall.

"So you think it's okay to be in an office with my younger twin brother hmm? After I told you specifically to meet me in the lobby."

I just look at him with fear in my eyes. He grips my face roughly and leans one arm over my head.

"Answer me" He growls through gritted teeth.

"I'm, I got here e-early and then he came and said he was Mr.Dolan and uhm" I cough.

The elevator pings once again and Ethan shakes his head at me before stepping out, leaving me standing there. I quickly walk out and slowly look around. There's no rooms. Just one door at the end of the long corridor we're walking down.

The walls have been covered in dark red wallpaper and I'm getting very dodgy vibes. Ethan takes out a key to unlock the black door and lets me in. I see a room designed exactly like Grayson's office, except that there's black couches and a black office chair. There's also a black curtain hanging from where the huge glass window should be.

Jeez what's with all the black?

My inner voice says to me and I frown. Ethan does the same thing as his twin did. Let me shut the door and he went to sit as his desk. I sigh and once again sit in the closest seat next to the desk.

Ethan looks at me and I look back.

"Madeline, I'm waiting" He says coldly.

"For?"I spit, hoping that I gave off a lot of attitude.

"Don't speak to me like that little girl. You can either sit here until 7:30pm until you figure out what I'm waiting for and not get paid or you can rub your brain cells together to find the answer." He spits back so coldly that I shiver.

He smirks but then recomposes his angry face.

I sigh. I know he wants an apology but it's very unnecessary.

"Ugh fine I'm sorry, Okay?!" I throw my hands in the air and take off my jacket and putting it over the chair.

He licks his lips at my v neck and narrows his eyes. They look almost black and it's scaring me shitless.

"I don't know who you're talking to like that but I know it isn't me." He states looking at the floor.

"Well who else would I be talking to, the fucking wall?" I mumble, praying to baby Jesus that he didn't hear me.

Of course, he did. His head snaps up and he stares at me for what seems like forever before saying;

"You just never learn, do you?

A/N

YAYYYYY!! One chapter that hasn't left you guys heartbroken -I hope.
I've been getting a lot of hate in my messages and I'm thinking of unpublishing or deleting this book. For those who are giving me hate; I don't know if you do it out of jealousy or spite or genuine hate but it makes me upset so please stop :'(

But stilllllll
Two updates in two days!!!!

ILYSFM(apart from the people who keep hating on me and my story)

❤️⚡️
( ◠‿◠ )