Prologue

My dearest Gina,

It has been exactly one year since you left home. I missed you everyday. I missed the time we spent chasing after Peanut. The Old English Sheepdog misses you too. He went into your room every night. He wouldn't sleep anywhere else! So I took the liberty of moving his things to your room. I apologize for any inconveniences I might cause you upon your return, when you return. 

Papa moved us to his small estate in Sherwood, a small village two days ride north of London, because the scandal in town is too much for Mama. I've never been to this estate before. It was beautiful but mama said it was too small. She was restless most days. Papa's forbidden us to ventured out. The only visit he allowed is to Aunt Verity, and you know how dreadful that'd be.

Papa's health is declining alarmingly. I'm scared Gina. I don't know what to do. I tried to help but Mama's always stalling me, saying I'm too clumsy and will only be in the way. Please come back soon.

Your loving sister,
Lily

------------

Dearest Gina,

Old Peanut ran in front of a carriage earlier last week. He was badly hurt and the doctor couldn't helped him. They said they had to put him down. I cried and begged but Papa was firm in his decision. I held a small funeral for him after. I know you'll be missing him more than I. I'm sorry I couldn't save him till your return.

I discovered a very beautiful lake behind our estate after Peanut's funeral. Cook said it belong to Lord Locksley, the Duke of Sherwood. She said he was the most magnificent man, a very handsome rogue. I wish to see him and judge for myself. 

I walked by the lake every evening. Not because I wanted to see the Duke, I'd tell you, but because I wanted to get away from the house. Mama's been most horrid. I feel bad saying this but she just hated me. With Papa's health in worst shape than ever, Mama no longer loved me. I wanted you to come back Gina. I missed you.

Best wishes,
Lily

--------------

Dear Gina,

I heard the most horrible news yesterday standing in front of Papa's room. I didn't mean to eavesdropped but I couldn't move away. Mama and Papa were talking about me. She said I was a bastard! I'm not Mama's daughter! I'm not even your full sister, Gina. Did you already know this? I'm sorry for shocking you if you didn't.

I don't know who I am anymore. I wished you'll be here to guide me.

Your half-sister,

Lily

-------------

Beloved Gina,

Thank you for your kind words. You'll always be my sister as well. I couldn't imagine my life without your presence. I'll be a good sister and make you proud of me.

Last evening, something extraordinary happened to me. I fell into the lake! But that's not the remarkable thing I wanted to tell you, it's what came after. A hero rescued me from the lake! And can you guess who he was? Yes! He's Lord Locksley!

Cook did him the most injustice for he is much more beautiful than what she made him to be. He's not a rogue either, I'd tell you. He's the most gentle and caring person! His face was filled with worries when he pulled me from the water. I wouldn't be writing this letter to you if not for him. I think I'm in love with him, dearest Gina.

With loves,
Lily

-------------------

Dear Gina,

I lost counts on the years you've been away from us. I regretted to let you know through this letter that Papa passed away. He died peacefully in his sleep. I wish I could be with you so we could support each other. I tried to be there for Mama but she didn't wants me. She'd taken to her room, sicken from heartbroken I think. Mama does loves Papa very much.

I've met with Lord Locksley every week. He was my solid support during these hard times. He was saddened that he couldn't attended Papa's funeral. He had to be in London during that weekend. I affirmed that his work is important too, though I wished for him to be there with me.

Before he left, he give me a gift. It was a beautiful golden ring with three tiny teardrops of diamonds. He asked me to be his wife after my mourning period. I said yes! He kissed me then. It was the most magical feeling, Gina! I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I love him so much. I don't think I could wait for that day to come.

Your adoring sister,
Lily

----------------

Dearest Gina,

It has been three months since last I saw Lord Locksley. I missed him terribly. I think of him every moment of everyday. I thought of you, too. 

I've been very sick for the past week. It's a very weird sickness. I'll vomit awfully in the morning and felt very tired the rest of the day. I couldn't even eat my favorite dishes because they smelled vulgarly to me, though everyone kept saying it's the same smell. I have weird cravings at nights too. Once, I sneak down to the kitchen for some cherry tomatoes because I saw how delicious they'd looked after dinner. If you'd recalled, I don't even like tomatoes. Cook was furious with me the next morning because she didn't have enough for luncheon. 

I heard some of the maids whispering in the stairways earlier about my condition. They said I have the symptoms of someone being in the family way. I fear they might be right! I haven't have my monthly routines for the past three months. 

I'm very excited, Gina. Please be happy for me. I wish Lord Locksley was here so I could tell him the good news.

Your sister,
Lily 

-----------

Dear Gina,

My life is over! Mama found out that I was pregnant. She chased me out of the house. But that's not the worst part yet, dear sister. I went to Lord Locksley's estate, hoping to entrusted upon his mercy. His servants didn't even let me in. When I told them I was his intended, they laughed in my face. They said his intended as Lady Juliet! Can you believe that? I begged to have a word with him but the servants said he's away. 

He went to Scotland, Gina. He lied to me all these times. I don't know what to do now. I wandered the streets for a long time before realizing that I'm done for. I still loved him so much Gina. I'm also very tired. I don't even have the strengths to hate him. I wish you'd forgive me. I don't have to courage to go on anymore. I wish to rest.

This will be my last letter to you, my dear sister. I'm so very sorry I couldn't be the sister you're proud of. I considered it my blessing to have you in my life. Goodbye Gina, may the Lord shows you more kindness than He did me.

Farewell,
Lily