Skylars POV

Today is the first day back at school since last year. Over the summer, both of my parents died unexpectedly in a car crash and now I live with my uncle Range and brother Brandon.
     I am a senior at Charlotte High School, and Brandon is in 11th grade. The one thing I am not ready for today is the "omg Skylar are you okay?" Or "Skylar how are you?" And I will have to answer with "I am great thank you" or "I am doing alright, thanks for asking" with a fake smile on my face to anyone that asks.
     Range Patterson, my moms brother, my uncle has been our legal guardian since the accident, and he hasn't really gotten the hang of it yet. I've been the one to make coffee, clean, and make dinner or lunch, it's kinda like my job. But when I get downstairs this morning Range has already put on the coffee and made Brandon and I lunches.
     "For lunch" He starts gesturing towards the brown paper bags, "How is cheese on bread and a bag of chips?"
     I laugh, "Maybe some lunch money would be fine." I say still laughing.
     Soon after Brandon heads down the stairs says "good morning" under his breath, grabs the money I set out with his name on it on the table, and heads straight out the door.
     I roll my eyes. Secretly he handles his problems by crying and crying and crying till he feels better then hanging around druggies, pretending to be high.
     I take a cup of coffee, "Bye Range", I shout up the stairs, and head out to get a ride from my best friend Alyssa.

Authors note
      I'm sorry that some of these are short, some are longer I promise.