1.When we met

{Chapter 1}

                    ➰"She's the exclamation mark in the happiest sentence you could ever write"

"She's the exclamation mark in the happiest sentence you could ever write"

10yrs ago

It was a rainy afternoon and Annabelle's mother and father have just been murdered by Valentine and his men. Her mother yelled at her to go to the New York institute as fast as possible and find a woman named Maryse so that's exactly what she did.
Annabelle was outside the institute and knocked on the door. A woman answered and she stood with authority.

"I'm looking for Maryse " the little girl still had tear stains going down her face and her bottom lip still trembled slightly.

"I'm Maryse," the woman declared.

"Well, my name's Annabelle and my mother and father sent me here after our house was attacked by someone named Valentine, my parents are .... were Tia and Clive Rose."

"Oh yes, I remember them please come inside." Maryse ushered the girl inside out of the cold and pouring rain.

" Alec, Isabelle this is Annabelle and she will be staying with us from now on."

Maryse didn't really want to welcome the girl but she has a promise rune dedicated to her mother that if she ever died then Maryse would take Annabelle in.

" Hi my name's Izzy and my brother Alec do you want me to show you to your room?"

" yes please," Annabelle said shyly until Maryse cut in.

" Isabelle you can still get lost around here Alec you show the girl to her room," Alec didn't object as he thought this girl was beautiful.

" yes mother." Alec took the girls hand and walked her to her room.

" This is your room mine is opposite and Izzy's is next door to the left if you need anything." Annabelle was really pleased with her room it was beautiful.

" Thank you Alec , for everything," Annabelle stated rather shyly

"That's no problem," Alec said with a grin on his face which Annabelle immediately returned. As Alec was turning to the door Annabelle's voice stopped him

"Alec?" Annabelle asked timidly.

"Yeah?"

" can you stay with me please I don't want to go to sleep alone and I just lost my parents and you're the first person to make me feel truly safe."

Alec was already in checkered bottoms and a shirt ready for bed, " sure I'll go get some of Isabelle's clothes for you to change into," and with that Alec left the girl.

Moments later he came back with a pair of Izzy's pjs in his arms. Annabelle got changed in the bathroom and came out to see Alec already under her covers, Annabelle smiled and climbed in next to him where she snuggled into his chest and he kissed the top of her head. They drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

When Jace arrives ( two years later):

Maryse called us all down to the ops centre and there she stood with a 10 yr old boy." This is Jace Wayland," Maryse began " he will be staying with us just like Annabelle and I expect that you treat him with the same amount of love and kindness."

We all nodded our heads and took Jace to his new room to the right of Annabelle's. When they got Jace settled they all crammed into his bed and put the t.v on and watched tom and jerry until they all fell asleep. Annabelle was in Alec's arms while Jace and Izzy were in either side of them and this was the start of a beautiful friendship.

When they're 14 (Alec 16)

This was the day that Alec and Jace became parabatai. Annabelle kissed Alec on the cheek and hugged Jace. They then went to Annabelle's room and crammed into her bed just like they did every few months and watched Tom and Jerry until, like when they were younger, fell asleep. Annabelle in Alec's arms and Jace and Izzy either side of them.

One year later:

The next year Isabelle and Annabelle became parabatai and did the same as the previous year only in Alec's room this time and they did this as often as possible in alternate rooms.

Two years later:

Alec and Annabelle were constantly flirting and teasing each other with kisses on their cheeks and neck. More often than not they were sharing the same bed but still never admitted their feelings seeing as they're both too stubborn.

Jace has settled down completely and is like the brother Annabelle never had, a best friend for Izzy and Alec and a second son for Robert and Maryse. They couldn't be a closer friendship group and they loved each other with all their hearts.

A/N:
I am aware that Alec is homosexual but in this fanfic he's not. I do support the LGBT community but would like to see Alec with a girl from time to time.
DISCLAIMER:
I do not own any Shadowhunter characters or the plot it all goes to Cassandra Clare and the Shadowhunters producers. I do however own Annabelle and her story as well as anything I add in on my own accord.
Happy reading my fellow Wattpadians!!!! 💓💓💞😘😘