Split Love

Skylar slammed his hand against his locker when it didn't open for the third time.
He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, he then gave it one more try. It took some effort but he manged to finally pull the slim door open.
He whispered " Yes " to himself and quickly grabbed his textbooks.

He vigorously closed his locker and clicked has lock, he darted around the corner trying to get to his first class.
He then bumped into someone, the impact knocking her down onto her feet.
He picked up her books and waited for her stand back up.
When her Sapphire blue eyes met his hazel brown eyes, their gazes instantly locked.

" I'm sorry about that.. here's your books." Skylar said passing them to her. " I should've watched where I was going."
She then smiled at him and giggled. " No worries! I'm Sage by the way!" She then said instantly grabbing his hand to shake it. Skylar didn't hesitate and shook her hand right back. " I'm Skylar."
The both just stood staring at each other for a few heartbeats.

" It looked like you were in a hurry! I should let you get to class!" Sage said then turning her head to look at her watch.
Skylar face palmed. He was gonna be late again!
" Yeah I should go. Hey do you want to hang out after lunch?" Skylar said as Sage started to walk down the hall. She ten nodded and blushed. Skylar waved and blushed as well but his mind then snapped back to being late for class. He darted, but this time he was a little more cautious of where he was going.

After class Skylar quickly made his way to his locker and prayed that it would open and the odds would be in his favour. His friends then asked him where he was going because he normally went to clubs with them during lunch hour.
But he told them he was going to meet another friend, but he didn't mention who it was or the fact that his heart leaped at the thought of her sparkling smile.
As he made his way down to the cafeteria, he seemed to have a spring in his step. He then spotted Sage waiting for him quietly typing on her phone at a small table for two.

" Hey Sage!" Skylar called over to her. She waved and beckoned him to come and take a seat.
For a few minutes they were silent and just ate, until Sage noticed a group of girls staring at Skylar.
" Those girls keep staring at you." Sage whispered nodding her head towards the group.
Skylar turned his head and saw them all giggling and waving at him as he did.
" I'm used to it. According to what my friends hear from eavesdropping on those girls conversations, I'm the one that almost all the girls have crushes on."

Sage put her hand on top of Skylar's. " I can see why." She whispered inching closer to Skylar.
He blushed and reached his hand out onto Sage's shoulder.
He inched closer and so did she, before he knew it he was having his first kiss with Sage.
He then heared a few kids oooing at them, so he slowly pulled away.
" I shouldn't have done that.." Sage said studying her shifting hands.
" No, I'm glad you did." Skylar said, then leaned in again and so did Sage. They shared another kiss, Skylar's face turned a soft red and so did Sage's.

For the rest of lunch Skylar and Sage had talked and talked, completely forgetting about their lunch and sharing small kisses again and again here and there.
Skylar frowned as the bell that called them back to class rang, but he then walked Sage back upstairs and then let her return to her classroom.
As she walked away Skylar thought about the ref of the yard and how great he thought it was going to be.

Ok, I'm happy with how this is going! So I hope you enjoy the rest of Split Love as we progress through Skylar's life at school and his love for Sage.