Swept Away

"Damn it damn it damn it all! I'm going to be late! And it's all that jerk's fault. How could I have been so stupid?!" Maddy muttered as she rushed towards the airport.

"Excuse me" she said when she reached the counter.

The lady from across the counter smiled. "What can I do for you, ma'am?"

"Has the Delta airlines flight for New York already left?"

"Yes, ma'am, I'm afraid you're flight just left fifteen minutes ago."

"Are there any other flights that would leave now?"

The lady checked her computer screen before answering, "There is a flight available for New York at 12:05 a.m."

"What?! That's twelve hours! I can't wait for twelve hours!", Maddy exclaimed.

Maddy sighed. "Fine. Listen, help me out here. I have to get to New York fast. Can't you do anything?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, because it's a holiday season, we don't have any more seats left." she said.

"Oh what do I do now?"

"If you require a hotel, we would be happy to provide you with a room."

Maddy instantly brightened up. "I would love that! Thank you."

"If you would be kind enough to share it with another gentleman. There aren't any empty rooms, and that room is the only one we could provide you."

Maddy couldn't believe her eyes. Not only was she going to wait twelve hours for a flight, she was going to have to share a room with a complete stranger, too? Could this day get any worse?

Nonetheless she took the offer and booked the room. She entered the room and looked around for her roommate. Not finding him, she proceeded to settle in.

Just as she had started to get comfortable, she heard the door to the washroom open and what she saw made her jaw drop.

Gorgeous, was the first word that came to her mind. A man, not much older than her, was standing by the door with a towel wrapped around his waist, his chest bare and chiselled. He ran a strong hand over his soft brown hair as he looked at her in confusion.

"I don't remember asking for an escort. Are you sure you're in the right room, lady?"

All of a sudden, that man lost all of his charms on Maddy.

"Excuse me? Did you just call me an escort?! Is that how you treat women? Or is it that you've had so many escorts, you can't tell the difference anymore?" she said, her voice dangerously low.

The man realised his mistake and immediately blushed a shade of deep red.

"Shit! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that. It's just... well can you blame me? You suddenly come in, don't even knock and that outfit is..."

"My outfit? What's wrong with my outfit?" she said, defensively.

Although she did agree that her outfit was a little on the slutty side, but that was only because she was planning to meet her boyfriend. Well, her ex-boyfriend now, but anyhow, this guy had no right to comment on her dress.

"Look, I've had a tiring day and I'm not really thinking right. Can you just tell me who you are?"

"The airport officials gave me this room which I'm supposed to share with you."

"Huh? They didn't tell me anything like that." he said, confused. Then looking at her, he said, "You know, I think I'll let this one go, since they got me a hot woman as my roommate." he said as he winked at her cockily.