Chapter 1: adopting

Author here, this is my first time ever writing a fanfic ˄̻ ̊(˃̴͈so please do feel free to correct me or something..... I know I know it's sad at the beginning but it will get better, trust me!!! Feel free to leave any ideas for future chapters... Oh and I will be writing another fanfic about Eren X Levi.... It's going to be about pirates and mermaids and that's all I giving away to y'all. Anyhoo enjoy!!! ( ົཽ ˙̫̮ ົཽ)

Every day and night. Every hour, Levi felt lonely. There was something missing in his life, something that needed to stitch up his broken heart. Ever since that fatefully night, the night that Eren passed away in his sleep from dreadful cancer, Levi was broken. Inside and out. He would block everyone out of his life ever since that day of his passing husband. The worst part was that Levi never let go; keeping everything that Eren ever touch or ever cherish in it's place. For instance, the clothes that belong to Eren was left on the floor. Levi never wanted to clean up the pieces of his broken heart.

One year later, making a decision to adopt a child, Levi was at adoption centre, waiting. The reason that he was going to do adopt a child was because before Eren passed away, Eren always wanted to start family, wanting to be a father with Levi.

*FLASHBACK*

Laying down on the roof, staring both up at the night sky, Eren spoke softly "Hey Levi...." Turning his head to face his love, "yes Eren?" Replying back slowly, Eren kept his eyes glued to the sky "when we get older, can we get married and start a family?" There was silence before Levi opened his mouth to talk, "of course brat...." And since that day, the two love birds got married 5 months later.....

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Mr Levi Ackerman?" A red head, young, pretty lady asked behind the desk. "Yes that is me..." Standing up from the waiting room, making his way over to the front desk. "Mrs Hanji would like to see you now." Bowing his head in gratefulness, Levi paced over to the office. He laid a firm knock onto the wooden door, before entering. "Le~vi long time nooo seeeeeee!" Hanji childly spoken, running a thought in Levi's mind, 'shit.... No wonder that name sounded familiar.'
Taking his seat, Hanji leaned over the desk, pinching Levi's pale cheeks. "How are you? I missed you soo much!" Giving time to slap away the hands on his cheeks, ".... Can we get straight back to the the adoption shitty four eyes?" Making Hanji giggle, "the same old Levi, yes sure...." Discussing all the facts needed to adopt, an hour later, Hanji stood up and opened the door. "So let's go find you a child.... So why do you want a kid anyway Levi?" She asked, walking down to the children's room. A sigh parted Levi's lips, "it's a long story but to cut it short, it was someone's dream to start a family so I want to achieve the dream." Hanji gave a sorry expression before opening the door, revealing a tons of kids playing with each other. "HANJII!!!" They all shouted before running over and giving her a hug. "Hey kids this is Levi, he is going to adopt one of you," the children looked up at the short male and giggled. "Mr Levi please adopt me," a small blonde haired girl said, "no me!!!" A horse faced boy exclaimed.

The children all shouted at once, calling out 'adopt me' apart from one. A little boy with his knees to his chest at the corner of the room with a titan plushie in his hands. "Oi brat" Levi made his way over to the small boy, bending down at the little one. The boy looked up to the older male, his eyes shining with the colours green and blue, "hello...." The child spoke. Levi's eyes widen observing how similar the boy was to his husband. "W-what's your name?" Levi asked. In return the younger male Spoke softly, "Eren..."