BlankGamePlays - Blank.exe

Pairing: BlankGamePlays x Reader
Word Count: 2258
Warnings: Swearing, mild violence, a little horror, platonic
For: SacredFollower_
Computer Virus!Blank
Female!Reader

Just a note; I don't know really anything about Blank nor really any of Ethan's alter egos. I kinda just took the prompt (above) and did my own thing! It ended up being longer than I expected, but it starts a little slow?

Also this is my first xReader, so this was new for me. Hopefully you enjoyed it and make sure you vote and leave a friendly comment on ways I can improve 😃

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

(Name) sighed, defeated, as she leaned back in her chair. In front of her was her new dinky laptop; a few of the keys we're missing, and the screen seemed to be busted due to its blue hue. No matter what she tried to do she couldn't get it to work. Ideally, she shouldn't have expected more from a 20$ laptop at a garage sale.

"It's only till you can get a new one," (Name) said to herself as she shut the lid and got up to get some food.

A few days passed, and she had decided to take it to a friend of hers to hopefully get it to work. On her own she was able to get the simplest of programs to work; Microsoft word and internet explorer, but that wasn't enough for what she needed.

The worst part was whenever she left it running for too long a pop-up message would say: "Blank.exe has stopped working", followed by two options. Shut down or Restart Program. No matter what she clicked it would shut down on her, the latter just causing the whole screen to turn blue for hours until the battery ran out.

So, taking it to her friend she left it there for a few days, deciding to take her work to the library instead. On the third day, she went back to her friend's house to check up to see if he had any luck with it.

She was greeted at the door by said friend, Mark, who promptly hugged her upon sight.

"So, could you find what was wrong with it?" (Name) asked as she followed him through his house. They wound up in an office of sorts, her laptop sitting open appearing normal and working.

"Yeah that's the thing, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. There wasn't even the blue hue you described on the screen, and everything seems working normally," Mark opened a few files to demonstrate its condition leaving (Name) in confusion. While she was glad it was working now, she couldn't think of any reason as to why it was broken before. Especially since Mark claimed to never see anything wrong.

Before (Name) could think too much into it, she thanked Mark for looking at it. Leaving, she looked at the laptop under her arm and sighed. It didn't take long for (Name) to reach home. Upon entering her apartment, she took off her shoes and jacket, not wanting to track in too much dirt, before heading to her bedroom and starting up the laptop.

It worked perfectly, just like Mark had said, but (Name) still felt some kind of uneasiness towards it. She couldn't help but feel like someone was watching her. Whatever it was, she wouldn't let her sudden illogical paranoia get the best of her.

+

It was nearly a month later when she stared intensity at her screen. Within 3 days of getting it back from Mark the screen had begun turning back to a blue hue. Unlike before, this blue was much darker, colder, and just more unfriendly than before. Or at least, from what she could remember. She couldn't care much about it though; besides that, it was still running fairly well... Until the day before.

At first (Name) didn't notice it, but during the night before when she turned away from the laptop, she noticed the blue light, that showed when the built-in camera was on, flickered on then quickly off. At first (Name) just assumed that it was the camera glitching out, leading her to promptly deactivate the camera.