Chapter 33

Picture for Chapter 32 above!

Song choices: Trip - Hedley
(The song would be from Daniel's perspective)
Its also my Roomie's fave song so I had ro use it 😚 love u Mel😋
**************************

Chapter 33

"We should get you home." Daniel says as we stand on the dance floor holding hands.

"I don't want to go home." I mumble looking down at the floor. I feel his curious gaze on me silently pleading me to go on.

"I don't belong there." I breathe out as the thought enters my mind for the first time, though somehow, I've always known.

Daniel says nothing as he leads me towards the exit. I see Savannah and I engulf her into a hug. When I untangle myself from her I see James and Daniel having a stare down.

"I better not see her crying again." James states coldly breaking the death stare between the two. Daniel nods slightly but says nothing.

James turns and smiles at me. I throw myself into his arms and Daniel growls. Jealous overprotective alpha male.

"Thank you." I breathe, "you're the only one who will ever understand."

James smiles at us, as Daniel leads me out the door. We walk across the road into the forest. I think about questioning him where we are going but I assume he knows the fastest way.

Daniel and I walk through the forest in silence. I ponder about questioning his whereabouts for the last two months but I decide against it; we are in a good place right now and I don't feel like starting an argument.

I smile at that, Daniel and I are actually somewhat getting along. The kiss we shared was mind blowing and it's the only thing I can think about. I glance down between us, at our still joined hands and my smile widens. He does care.

His words echo in my mind, "I'm afraid to be with you, because I might hurt you, or you'll be caught between me and your brother's war." Is that why he stayed away, so I wouldn't get hurt or caught in the middle?

I could tell myself that it doesn't matter but it does. Whose side will I choose? I mean the obvious choice was Daniel, but could I really stab my brother in the back like that?

"Red?" I turn my attention to Daniel who is looking down at me with a worried expression.

"What?" I ask.

"I've been calling your name and you were just completely zoned out. Are you okay?" He asks, his eyes full of emotions. He was actually concerned for me, I could tell.

"Oh no, I'm fine. I was just lost in thought." I say sheepishly.

"About?" He asks.

"Us." I say quietly, afraid to scare him off.

"I can take you home if-"

"No, no. I meant my brother and you." I pause waiting to see what he will say. He shrugs his shoulders as if it doesn't bother him at all. "Trent is planning an attack, but I don't know when or how or anything."

"Don't worry about that right now, we can figure that out tomorrow." He says squeezing my hand reassuringly.

That's when I realize where we are. We are already at Daniel's house. We walk up the porch steps, hand in hand and he pulls his keys out of his pocket. He unlocks the door and leads me inside.

Daniel Kicks off his Timberland boots. I bend over and pull down the zipper on the back of my block heel ankle boots when I hear Daniel growl lowly. I turn my head up and give him a questioning look.