Crash and Let Them Sleep

That's it. I've made up my mind. Im going to stop James and let my friends sleep through it all.

I figure out a way to get the ship flying, then set it to collide in 5 minutes. I grab the nearby swirly chair and take a seat.
I look at my friends. My family. My friend's families. All unaware of what is going to happen. I begin to feel guilty, wondering if they'd rather go thinking James got them, or knowing they were saving lives. Maybe I should wake them up?
4 minutes
Time has never gone so quickly and so slowly. I just needed to sit and wait, but it had never been this difficult. I try to close my eyes and pretend that I'm somewhere else. That I'm at a sleepover with my friends, and we're up at 3 am, talking about life, talking about games, movies, songs, talking about anything and everything. I couldn't be any happier than I was in those times.
I open my eyes again. 2 minutes.
It's such a superhero way to go. I wonder if anyone will remember us for this? Will anyone even know that it was us who did it, or would our bodies be too burnt and destroyed to tell? Will it hurt when we crash, or will I go instantly? No, no. Don't think about it.

1 minute
I try to focus on something else, and in doing so, I find a small hatch for planes on the other side of the room. I practically fall out of the chair, having no time to waste. I search the panel for a way to open it up.
Out the window, I can see the other plane and everything moves in slow motion. I find the button, and stumble as I turn to run towards the opening. The plane rocks as we collide, the cells being the first to get hit.
The collision lifts me into the air and out of the opening. I fly through the air, and eventually hit the ground. Every sense leaves me.

Suddenly, I hear an unfamiliar voice inside of my head.
"Well done, Chosen One! You did excellent! You have successfully completed your mission!"

<TRUE ENDING>