Prologue

NoOne's POV
A stallion reared & kicked as he desperately failed to break free; strong & mighty he was. But now he feels like a colt once again, Dewey was broken hearted. He was untamable & soulless, no one could ever ride him. His spirit was strong; and it could never be broken.

A tall broad shoulder man, snapped a lunge whip just behind the stallions back legs. Gary Long owner of Camp River's was know to heal broken horses. Every horse here had & had a fighting chance to be loved again. But this dangerous paint stallion, was different.

Gary Long thought about shipping the stallion off to slaughter; but in his heart he couldn't. So Gary tried, tried & tried; but nothing could ever break Dewey. "Walk boy" Gary snapped before smacking the dirt with the black lunge whip. Dewey snorted then reared, before causing a storm of rubble.

"Dang nabit" the man yelled as he held his hands up high; the stallion roared with fear. As if he was trying to scare the two legged man. Gary's wife Linda shouted from the barn, "let him be Gary; it takes time!" She shouted before going back to whatever she was doing. Gary laughed then turned back to the stallion.

He showed fear & anger as he beaten the earth; with his powerful hooves. "You gonna charge" the man asked as he outstretched his arms. "Come at me" he muttered just as a bell rang; meaning it was lunch time. Gary sighed & opened the gate that lead to the paddock; "go get be gone!"

He commanded as he kicked dirt at the stallion, Gary might not be the nicest man. But he's fighting to give horses another chance; even if he has to be brutal. "Fix your damn attitude Dewey; or I'll fix it for you!" He threatens before leaving the pin & heading into his cottage like home.

His wife stood at the stove, ham braised & collard greens simmered. "You gotta give that horse time, he's a young stallion that just needs a gentle heart." His wife stated as she grabbed a plate, "I'll figure something out!" He snapped before grabbing a fork, "summer jobs are coming & we got a few arriving in a week!"

Gary rolled his eyes before placing a forkful of greens into his mouth. Summer jobs for teens or what Gary calls them hooligans; worst time of the year. But to Linda it was Christmas, because she could use the extra hands. "We got my sister & her best friends daughter coming! Courtney absolutely adores horses; maybe she can ride Bingo?"

Her husband scoffed before placing his plate in the sink; "that farting thoroughbred?" He questioned before laughing, "he has a tooting problem, but nothing serious. "Well I think this will be a summer Courtney & Dewey will never forget!"

Well that was the prologue; I'm really excited to start this story. I would have it posted 1-6-18 but I had no wifi 🙁 back to the story, I really hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

Don't be a ghost reader. I know your reading so why don't you leave a comment or like or maybe both!

❤️ - Hannah

Yes the description & title suck for this story SORRY but just because they both suck doesn't mean the story does. So give Saddling up a chance & I promise you; you won't regret it!!!